Question

Tudor

Feb 9, 2006
Michigan
www.advancedimages.org
I would like to buy a Bachmann Consolidated 2-8-0. It is from a private party, and I am not sure about this particular one. It is a "Reading" road name. I can not find anything on this road name from Bachmann. It is "supposed" to be a Spectrum, but I am having my doubts. I am thinking it isn't a Spectrum, but an older Bachmann from a starter set or something. I am thinking it is the not so good quality variety, and not the spectrum quality bachmann. Anybody know anything about the Bachmann Reading 2-8-0 they would like to share? What would be a good price?

Thanks

Tudor

Feb 9, 2006
Michigan
www.advancedimages.org
Not sure, havent gotten a pic of it yet. It is long distance, so I am waiting on a picture of it. I know that the Reading road name was used in a "starter" set, and it is not the same standard as the Spectrum series. If it is a spectrum that was purchased as undecorated, and the reading decals applied, that's fine with me. Just not sure if I want to mess with the non-spectrum variety. I really want the spectrum 2-8-0. If it is good enough deal, I may buy it anyway. Just not sure what the non spectrum bachmann 2-8-0 is worth.

I really dont beleive he is trying to deceive me, I just think he really don't know enough to know there is a differrence between the Spectrum and other Bachmanns.

Gonna look closely when I get the pic of it.

CSX6638

Jul 24, 2002
FLORIDA
Visit site
Bachmann's web site does not list Reading as one of the Spectrum road names that is presently available, most likely it from the old run unless it was a custom paint or decal job.
Go to Bachmann's web site and you can check it www.bachmanntrains.com
Hope this helps.