Question

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
I was wondering if anyone has the Adobe Photoshop elements? I recently brought one home but can'nt find any instructions on how to install it. I put it in my computer with the start menue on but nothing happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ron

Iron Goat

Apr 9, 2004
Missouri
Visit site
Ron, I have Photoshop Elements 2. It should have "auto" started. The only thing I can think of trying is going to "MY COMPUTER" and clicking on whatever drive you have the CD disc in, and "open" the Elements file, and there should be a "install" or "set up" that you can click on... that might get you there. 'Hope that works for you, as it is a neat program. I have PS Elements 2, and then later bought Photo Shop 7.0... but I still "fall back on" Elements for light jobs.

Bob :confused:

Locobreath

Apr 7, 2004
USA
Visit site
Installing PE2

Ron:

I'm no whiz with the computer but I've had no problems installing PE2 several times because of a few restore procedures over the past year.

I've been using PE@ for about 1 1/2 years. I love it.

You said nothing happens when you put the disc into the CD drive. Is the drive working? Do you have the same problem with other CD software installations? Is the PE2 disc new or used?

Page 1 of the manual has very brief installation instructions:

"You must install the PE2 application from the CD onto your hard drive; you cannot run the application from the CD. Follow the on-screen installation instructions. For more detailed information, see the following file on the CD:

(Windows) How ToInstall.wri

(Mac) How ToInstall.txt."

I'm still on Windows 98SE. This is how I do it.

Put the CD it into the CD drive. Wait for the CD to download a few seconds and click on the CD drive icon in "My Computer." It should open up to show several files there. Click on the one that looks like it has something to do with setup or install. (I don't remember which one).

I can tell you that the software is very good. However, the manual that comes with it is pretty useless as far as it's application to photograpy and MR. You will probably have to buy a few books on the topics to really learn the software.

It's worth it though. PE2 has about 85-90% the capabilities of the full blown Photoshop which runs about $600.

I don't know if this will help. As I said I'm no computer nerd. Let me know what happens.
:) :) :)

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Ron: I get a similar thing when I get new software. Apparently, somewhere, there is a bit to switch on that says "run setup when I get a new CD".
The instruction manual that didn't come with my PC doesn't tell me where this is.
I'm gonna get me a Lenz controller and hook it up to the PC and reprogram all the chips.

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
Thanks for all your input guys. I have windows xp and the computer is only six months old. The proshop is brand new and element 3.0 When I bought my digital camera a few months ago I downloaded its software and everything popped up and it downloaded in no time with ease. I played with it about a week but installed it in a bad place so I deleted it. I wanted to post pictures of my new backdrops so I tried to download the software again but nothing happened when the disk went in. I'll try in the morning what you guys mentioned and see what happens. Thanks a bunch for all your input.

Ron :wave: