Question on Fleischmann carriage coupling???

Greenman_Belg

Hello,
I'm a complete beginner!! Was at a show today selling new and secondhand gear. Dived in and bought 3 secondhand people carriages, thought I was buying Fleischmann but got home and found out it was LIMA, I have the phone number of the guy I bought from and will swap over to Fleischmann!!! as I want only Fleischmann rolling stock!! My question is!! from day one to now is all Fleischmann N rolling stock using the same coupling??
Thanks alot JD!!!

Greenman_Belg

Pity no one replied but I went back to the guy i bought the carriages from. I swapped over to Fleischmann and Minitrix and all couplings are the same and they won't be changing. Happy with my purchases so setup has started!!!!

Pooh Bah
Hi! As far as I know, all European N uses the same coupling -- called the Rapido coupling from the first manufacturer to use it.
A lot of North American trains are switching over to Micro Trains or Accumate (equivalent) couplings that are a bit smaller and look like the North American coupling.

Greenman_Belg

60103 said:
Hi! As far as I know, all European N uses the same coupling -- called the Rapido coupling from the first manufacturer to use it.

Thanks for the reply but that was the problem because the LIMA carriages were of a different sort of coupling even two different types of couplings with the same make???

Well anyway all sorted I'll stick with Fleischmann and Minitrix.

Regards JD!!!