Question on Era

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
On page 113 of the new (May) MR is an ad for Overland Models. There are pictures of three UPRR cabooses. Can someone tell me what era they represent? They are identified as "CA-11/CA-11M and CA-12." I don't believe I've ever seen them or at least noticed them before. Thanks

Bob

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
I'm trying to decide if no one knows the era of these cabooses or no one has received their May Model Railroader:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

They look to me as if they might be from what was almost the end of the caboose time of use, but if someone knows for sure that would help a great deal.

Thanks

Bob

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
Thanks Pete.

I'm not technically qualified (other otherwise either) to know a roller bearing from a ball bearing once they are in place.

I too thought they looked like they might have come along near the end for cabooses. I then suppose we are talking about them probably just being used during the diesel era.

I'm really not looking for any rolling stock right now. I think I counted that I have stashed away about 40 kits that I haven't touched yet, but if I spot a classy UPRR caboose or two, that are r-t-r I will bite!!!

Bob