Question on atlas turn table.

Gil Finn

I now have a new old stock Atlas turn table modle number 304
originaly priced at $4.95 :D

I know it is old as it has no zip code anywhere on it's makers address. of Hillside, NJ.

I wonder if it is compatable with current made Atlas turn table motors?

I can email the atlas folks put I though I might get a faster resonse and some ideas on a round house here.

Many thanks and have a great St. Paddy's day.

Gil Finn.

steamhead

Gil,

You can't do better than to talk to Atlas directly...I had trouble with the same turntable (Old, old model) that had stripped a gear. I called, and they sent me a new set of gears...for FREE...!!! Only trouble was, somewhere along the line they changed gears and the ones they sent didn't fit...:cry:

So I used one of theirs and cut it to the right diameter and cut the teeth into it...:wave:

Glen Haasdyk

The newer turntable has twice as many index points in it. I changed out my old one for the newer one a year ago when I was putting in my enginehouse. I can't be sure if the mtors are interchangable on either since they upgraded motor changed the drive gears to a belt to make it quieter.
I still have two of the old TTs as well as the older gear drive motor that I won't be using since the older drive screams like a banshee no matter how much you lube it.

steamhead

Hey Glen...That banshee comment is right...They are noisy critters. I want to ask, are the two tables interchangeable? Can I just take out the old one & put the new one in..?? Thanks for any tips.

Glen Haasdyk

Sure, the tracks will still line up, you just will have new index points for more adaptability. Before you had to position a roundhouse far away from the TT and curve the tracks in, now it's much easier.
Old turntable:
aan.sized.jpg

New Turntable:
akb.sized.jpg

steamhead

Thanks Glen. I don't have a roundhouse to go with the t'table. I only have an engine house associated with it. I use it mostly to turn the engines around. Tx again.