Question of the week: Dec 18-22 Your Christmas plans

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
This question is going to be for the week before Christmas...

What railroading plans do you have for the Christmas holidays?
  • Are you going to take your family to the "North Pole" by train? (my son "Hobbes" does that every year with his family)
  • Are you going to visit someone by train. or just go on an excursion trip somewhere?
  • Are you going to take some time and work on your layout?
  • Are you setting up a Christmas display train under the tree or somewhere else?
  • How about just running your layout for show or for fun?
Let us know how you're going to spend this golden opportunity to do something around trains...

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Me, I'm going to see if I can get my tracks in shape to runs some trains for the grandkids on Christmas day, now that I've got my ballasting all finished. I could not set up my Christmas layout this year, but I am going to spend the rest of this week working on cleaning up the tracks on my new section.:thumb:

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
I have train-shaped Christmas tree ornaments, and I hope to spend some of my time off in the "railroad room". With any luck, there'll be a new project or two under the tree.

Andrew

railohio

Dec 29, 2000
Big family dinner on Saturday night and mostly sitting on my arse on Sunday and Monday. I believe Christmas day there's a smaller dinner with just my in-town family. First thing Tuesday morning I'm taking Amtrak's Lake Shore Limited and Empire Builder to spend a week with my other family in Portland, Oregon. Flying home on Saturday the 6th.

kitsune

Sep 10, 2006
Well I have a close friend coming in for the post-Christmas portion of my holiday. My plans are to take him to see all the interesting forms of passenger railroading we have out here -- Spanish built tilting Talgos, light rail, streetcars, commuter rail, etc.... If he's lucky I won't lose him in a crowd in Seattle. :p

nkp174

Oct 10, 2006
Cincinnati, O.
I probably won't have a chance to work on trains...I'm at one of the busiest points of grad school. But, Christmas night I'll be able to visit my parents and enjoy the LGB around their Christmas tree/enjoy the old HO layout...it currently only has a Pacific with a freight train and a mogul with a short passenger train...the rest I have boxed up.

I received a nice gift of $50 in hobby money for my birthday...and a trip to the ballet which is in Music Hall...an 1873 masterpiece that still has the original trolley tracks in the brick street out front. The road which approaches it from the west connects it with Cincinnati Union Terminal...an equally impressive (and better known) attraction.

I might be able to convince my father in law to dig out and let me set up his old trainset after church on Christmas Eve....

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Just in case you hadn't noticed, this is the "question of the week". We're trying to limit questions to two a week, one on Monday for the weekdays, and one on Friday for the weekends. It's not that there is a lack of interest, just that we are quickly running out of new questions to ask.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

91rioja

Mar 18, 2006
High Point, NC
My last day of work for this year is this Friday balloon6 . I will hopefully be able to start on my new layout next week. I know I'll be going to Spencer one day to spend the Christmas loot. The wife has to work, so I get an entire week to myself! Look out train room, here I come!

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Chris you lucky dog...going to Spencer to The Little Choo Choo Shop no doubt??? Good thing I don't live closer to that store...I'd be broke. Hey - look for some good Nscale diesel prices for me!

I plan on running my present - a Kato PA1 in classic red warbonnet SF colors...(assuming UPS delivers it to my house in time).

C

Catt

My Christmas train plans are to finish up a few projects start a few ( dozen?) more and possibly get started on redoing the big N scale layout.Right now I'm fussing with a few one or two evening projects but will have day long modeling times next week.:D

kitsune

Sep 10, 2006
Herc Driver said:
going to Spencer to The Little Choo Choo Shop no doubt??? Good thing I don't live closer to that store...I'd be broke. Hey - look for some good Nscale diesel prices for me!

I did that last Christmas break. Fortunately I managed to keep it below $60. Heh.

Excellent store.