Question Of The Day11/23:Holiday Layout

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
With the holidays approaching....Do you also have "Christmas Layout" set up? What equipment do you run on it?

Better-Half and I set up one out in our enclosed porch. Usually with all of her ceramic houses and stuff like that. I use Bachmann EZ-Trak, and run the cheap stuff(Mixed with good stuff on it. Usually an IHC Consolidation, and some Tyco rolling stock that I modifyed with KD's and maybe some Life Like and Walthers I picked up out of the "bargin boxes" at shows.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
I have the Standard Gauge 10E that i put around the tree - Just a circle on the floor. :) But it still runs good :)

oldtanker

I have one of the Christmas trains for under the tree. Each son/son-in-law gets one the first Christmas that they are a daddy. I have to get another one this year.....

I put a couple of ceramic houses on my layout this year, just getting started on it and one 3 year old grandson told me it had to have a town, it was quick and easy, got em at the Dollar Tree at a buck each.

shaygetz

Came up with one this year that should carry for many years to come. It features a double track main in C100 rail with a double crossover, 18" radius inside, 20" outside that'll pretty much take anything in my fleet. The inside loop is Post-war Marklin tinplate that'll feature a 55+ year old 4-6-2 O1 pulling 4 tinplate passenger cars. I knocked off the corners to remove trip hazards (read that---enthusiastic childrens:rolleyes: ) and set in the frame to remove toe stubbing hazards (read that---bleary eyed adults:D ) The tree sets centered in the near end.

Attachments

• christmas06b.jpg
    christmas06b.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Achristmas06c.JPG
    Achristmas06c.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 75

Pooh Bah
Well, what do I say. We started with a $10 battery powered set, then 2 years ago bought my wife the Polar Express set. That progressed to a permanent 4x8 table last year, (see the contest thread) but the snow melted in the spring and it's now grass covered. Since it took up a major amount of room in the railway room, it looks as iuf we're going to have a small loop around the tree this year, except that Fastrack doesn't provide a small loop. The other hitch is the kitten who eats cardboard -- will need a new set of buildings.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
60103 said:
The other hitch is the kitten who eats cardboard -- will need a new set of buildings.

Been there..When I first set up a loop under the tree using some Athearn equipment, I had a couple of pieces of prime rolling stock become puppy treats. Now the Xmas layout is high enough to avoid the "Jaws Of Death".

ezdays

Out AZ way
I have a holiday setup that I was planning on putting up again, but my wife convinced me that I still need to heal a bit more before I tackle that. I guess she's right, but there's still a whole month before Christmas, so I'm not giving up yet for this year.:wave: :wave: