Question of the day 12-13, 'tis the season to

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Yep, 'tis the season to be giving, so we are asking the following question today:

Are you planning on giving anyone a railroad related gift for Christmas?

You don't have to say to who or what unless you feel like they won't peek here before Christmas :rolleyes:

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Yes, 2 , my son & son in law will be getting Christmas trains and I got me a train present too....but don't tell me, it's a surprise!

Picture189.jpg

Maybe I should wrap it!

Rick

Play-Doh

May 12, 2006
Portland OR
Yep! My little brother who is 2, is just old enough that I can start spoiling him rotten with Thomas the Train toys! I bought him a big push around one!

Dakota train

Mar 30, 2006
Wilton, North Dakota
Spoiled

My little boy who is 3, is getting a six pack of Thomas the train toys, a Lionel desk lamp, its cool, makes noise and wheels spin, and his grandparents bought him a Manuta 0-6-0 ATSF switcher. Talk about being spoiledsign1

oldtanker

Feb 24, 2006
West central Mn
Dakota, just checked the map, man are you in the middle of nowhere, I've driven through there...sign1 our daughter and her family are in the Turtle Mountains.

Rick

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
As a general rule, I don't give model train items as a gift to anyone. This hobby is too easily given to acquiring and gifts get lost really quick in a yard, I'm no exception. If I do give them, it's because it's unique, like an unassembled MIB Suydam kit from the 60s that I know the receiver would appreciate, something along those lines I love giving as gifts. But then there's kids and their first trains---in that case I put the sets together myself from what I already know is good and reliable so that there are no lemons.

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
I'm the only one in the family who is interested in trains. The kids and grandkids don't want anything that doesn't cost a couple of hundred bucks and has a keyboard attached Too much mental stress to think things out on their own I guess As for buying myself anything, I've put a moratorium on RR related purchases until I get some of my existing kits completed. I would however accept any train related gifts. Hint Hint

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Two years ago I gave all my HO stuff to my son and grandson. It wasn't much, but I thought they'd at least put it up under the Christmas tree. Nope, so I guess I'm it in this family. No train stuff for anyone from me, and with good reason.

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
NO but I did this year already for a guy and his son I was in rehab with. I saw him this week at the VA hospital Christmas party.

I have built a set from used holliday cars and repainted one for the kids in the extended family but it is for under the tree...My tree:D

I may yet buy a bachman strater set in HO for the Tous for tots drive but I need to figure the budget again.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
My daughter is getting a Model Power Santa Fe Dual Diesel HO set and an expansion pack to build a layout with Daddy. :)

After tax season, I'm considering getting one of the Woodland Senic kits to make a realistic layout.
This is the least expensive one but it will more than suit her.... Just as long as she gets to watch the trains. :D
http://cchobbies.com/scenery/mountainvalley.htm

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
i bought one of the NEW MRC sound decoders to put in dads AMD-103 Amtrak, i am also detailing it out for him for Christmas:thumb:. :D -Deano

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
I plan on giving me two PRR passenger cars to run with a C-Liner, a Santa Fe PA1, and maybe some tank cars too...oh wait a minute...your question was if I was going to give gifts to anyone else...ummmmm...I'll get back to ya.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
Dec 4, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
Cannonball said:
My daughter is getting a Model Power Santa Fe Dual Diesel HO set and an expansion pack to build a layout with Daddy. :)

After tax season, I'm considering getting one of the Woodland Senic kits to make a realistic layout.
This is the least expensive one but it will more than suit her.... Just as long as she gets to watch the trains. :D
http://cchobbies.com/scenery/mountainvalley.htm

Oh yeah... I forgot. I found another train set on Craigslist that is just like the one my brother and I had when we were kids. Since I have our original set, I bought this one for him to have.

railohio

Dec 29, 2000
One friend got a C&O book from Four Ways West; another got two railroad rule books; another got a book on transportation in Ohio; and the rest got prints made from some of my photos.