Question for Shamus!!!!????

fvracer85

Shamus, I visited your website today.....BEAUTIFUL layout!!! While there I stopped by the page with track plans on it..... Is there any chance I can get anymore detailed information on your HO scale track plans? It seems that I am going to be placing my existing layout in a new space just about 14x12' and I noticed to my delight that your track plans are for an 11x14' room! I sure would like more info on those plans...grades, topography, vertical scale, curve radii, etc... As it stands I am planning on some pretty heavy modification to my existing 4x10.5' layout to "grow" it into the new space and I am getting some great ideas from your layout plans but some more specifics would be VERY helpful to me.....

Thanks!!!!

Martin :D :D :D

shamus

Registered Member
Hi Martin,
If you let me know which plans interest you, I will do my best for you.
BTW, love your clock instead of the mouse.
Cheers

Shamus

billk

About fv's "clock" mouse pointer - I had my pointer setup to leave a trail - don't know why for sure - and that made it look totally bizarre!

BTW I liked it.

fvracer85

Plans

Shamus, Plan 2 and 5.....I'm looking for something with a double track main and "fiddle yard (s)" in HO. Also my space has grown somewhat again (much whining was needed to accomplish this!). So I now have an 11' to 14' or so x12' space with an extension of and other 10.5' on the 11' wall x 3-4'. If you can imangine it being reverse "L" shaped with a thick lower leg......does that make sense?

By the way, if you want the clock.....Send me an Email and I'll relay the code! :D :cool:

Cheers! Martin

Woodie

mouse

I had my pointer setup to leave a trail

Bilk,
That mouse setting (mouse trails) was introduced when laptops came out. It was to do with the LCD screens, as they are much slower to respond to rapid screen change, and moving the mouse around quickly, on an LCD screen, the mouse image is there, but the pixels take a while to respond, and therefore, you couldn't see where the mouse was moving to be able to position it for your next "click".

Just a bit of triv for ya! :D

billk

Here's some triv back to ya:

Several years ago I was doing software for the keyboard/display of a handheld GPS unit which had an LCD display. I made a field on the display "blink" by alternating between displaying the text and all blanks.

We found that under low temperature, we couldn't see it blinking. Each pixel in an LCD display is a crystal, which twists one way to make a dark pixel and the other for a light pixel. When it got cold the crystals couldn't twist back and forth fast enough.

We had a temperature sensor available (intended to be used in calculating battery life) so I just changed the software so it would blink slower as it got colder.