Question Bethgon coalporters!

Rogerjr

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
What is the tightest radius that a bethgon coalporter can handle?
my tightest is 24 is that to tight? Any input would be great

Thanks
Roger

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
I haven't heard about the bethgon coalporter but if your min radius is 24inches you should be able to handle anything. The only thing to watch out for is any overhang.

Hoss

Nov 10, 2003
TEXAS
Visit site
You'll have no problem whatsoever with a 24" radius. As short as the coalporters are, they could probably easily handle the 9-3/4" radius.

Matthyro, I think he's referring to the Bethgon Coalporters that Kato just announced for release in April or so.

Rogerjr

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
thanks

yes i was talking about katos new coalporters i plan on getting about 50 of them for my layout. And i am also planning on buying about 5 or 6 ac4400 also i am trying to stay in ns theme that is just the jist of my thing i am planning to do. but thankyou for the help.

Roger

Hoss

Nov 10, 2003
TEXAS
Visit site
Re: thanks

Originally posted by Rogerjr
yes i was talking about katos new coalporters i plan on getting about 50 of them for my layout. And i am also planning on buying about 5 or 6 ac4400 also i am trying to stay in ns theme that is just the jist of my thing i am planning to do. but thankyou for the help.

Roger

I wish I had your money my friend. I was thinking of reserving an 8 car pack but decided it was too much money. :( I do intend to get the three BNSF AC4400's though....as well as the two BN SD70MAC's when they come out.

Rogerjr

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
money

I really don't have a lot of money were are getting a lot of snow where I live . I work with my dad and we make $75 an hour we split it of course. plus today was my 18th birthday so I scored some money that was cool. I plan on buying the AC4400S First.
I am building my Railroad empire on a small income real small.
Well good luck with your layout And thankyou for the input about the Bethgon cars.

Roger

Rogerjr

Jan 1, 2004
Visit site
thanx for the suggestion

I am not much on the SD80's I love the looks of the AC4400's there is something about them. I finished all my track work tonight finally. I have been working on it for a month now. My layout is not big it is 2 1/2FT by 8FT tomorrow i will finish the electrical stuff. well thanks again for the helpful advise

Rogerjr

HuskerN

Jun 4, 2003
Omaha, NE
Visit site
Rogerjr,

if you have a 2 1/2 by 8 foot table, you must be using 24" diameter, and not 24" radius? If that is the case, you have 12" radius curves, which will handle most rolling stock, but are a bit tight for larger locomotives. I ran nothing but coal trains on my first layout, and the mainline had 14" radius curve, with 12" radius loop going through the flood loader. On the 12" loop, I did experience my sd90's pushing the 1st car off the rail. I simply added some weight to resolve this issue. My SD70macs worked a bit better.

aai.jpg

aan.jpg