Question about GPM Panzer IIIG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awesome Wally

I am just starting to work on this kit and have already come across a problem. It seems that parts T3 and T6 should be switched around. Has anyone else come across this?

J

jagolden

I am just starting to work on this kit and have already come across a problem. It seems that parts T3 and T6 should be switched around. Has anyone else come across this?

YES! When I started building the 1:16 GPM PanzerIII i did come across this. I had a web page on it but apparently took it down and can't find the photos I had taken. The text I had with the photos is:

>>INNER FRAMEWORK
First step was to mount the inner framework pieces. Spray mounted to Strathmore 100% rag illustration board.

Upon test fitting the framework it is immediately obvious that T5 fits the T2 slots, T6 Fits the T3 slots, T2 fits the T5 slots and T3 fits the T6 slots.

I cut off T3 and T6. I then scored and bended T2 and T5 and glued T1 and T7P together, lining up the slots.

Then I glued T7L to T1. Next, join T6 into the slots marked T3.

Then glue T3 into the slots marked T6.<<

Awesome Wally

Thanks for the info, I was looking at the instruction sheet again and everything is labeled correctly there. It's just on parts T7P and T7L that they are labeled backwards. I just finished cutting out the interior (piece 6) and it slides in perfectly. I will try to get some photos up later.

Status
Not open for further replies.