Question About a non-ADM modern Grain Elevator

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by WM-N-fan, Jan 29, 2002.

1. WM-N-fan

WM-N-fan Member

The other day in Timonium Md. I saw a modern grain elevator that wasn't the ADM one (which I have). A dealer sold it built up (by him) at 30$. I wonder what it is? I checked all the grain elevators at walthers in N. It was significaintly shorter than the ADM elevators. Maybe someone can help me.
  2. upguy

upguy Oregon Western Lines, CEO

It's hard to tell exactly what you mean from the description. What do you mean by modern? Do you mean it is a concrete column or another kind of building materal? Is it possible that the structure was kitbashed...perhaps from a Medusa Cement or the Western Coal Loader? Or is it a structure like this post? (Which would be modern, but not as modern?)

Attached Files:

3. WM-N-fan

WM-N-fan Member

I know its not Madusa or the Flood Loader. It's concrete like ADM, but shorter and it has no sheds, and a 5-8 story skinny tower part compared to a wide 12-15. I know it's not scratch built, because I also saw it on a few layouts there.
  4. upguy

upguy Oregon Western Lines, CEO

There is an elevator out there somewhere that I think is called the Heartland Elevator or something like that. I don't know the manufacturer or even if it is still in production. I have seen it a few times on eBay. Maybe someone else can help shed some light on this topic.