PZL P-8/I (CardPlane 1/2005)

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Swinger, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Swinger

Swinger Member

Remember that topic? :lol:

[​IMG]

Yeah, I've started building the P-8/I. You can read about the first impressions in the link provided above, so I'll just say that I loved the lack of the black outlines and the price of the model. :) Scale: 1/33.

This is the seat. The last seat belt will be added later, as I want it to be thrown outside the cockpit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There is a little mistake in the instruction - the horizontal side girders are drawn too short, wheres they should be longer than the seat.

The seatbelts are made of alluminium foil, because I always do them like that, but it must be mentioned that there are no paper belts in the kit...

And this is the instrument panel.

[​IMG]

Since I cut out the holes in the seat's girders, I had to add some kind of base (? yeah, whatever ;) ) for the seat.

[​IMG]

And now how the cockpit was being assembled...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I must say that most of the holes in the girders aren't visible. :) Well, at least I've taken the photos. :lol:
  2. Swinger

Swinger Member

Remember that topic? :lol:

[​IMG]

Yeah, I've started building the P-8/I. You can read about the first impressions in the link provided above, so I'll just say that I loved the lack of the black outlines and the price of the model. :) Scale: 1/33.

This is the seat. The last seat belt will be added later, as I want it to be thrown outside the cockpit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There is a little mistake in the instruction - the horizontal side girders are drawn too short, wheres they should be longer than the seat.

The seatbelts are made of alluminium foil, because I always do them like that, but it must be mentioned that there are no paper belts in the kit...

And this is the instrument panel.

[​IMG]

Since I cut out the holes in the seat's girders, I had to add some kind of base (? yeah, whatever ;) ) for the seat.

[​IMG]

And now how the cockpit was being assembled...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now I must say that most of the holes in the girders aren't visible. :) Well, at least I've taken the photos. :lol:
  3. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

Beautiful, as always. - Leif
  4. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

Beautiful, as always. - Leif
  5. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Yes I'm still looking for it..............I missed the one Ted sold on ebay............and the last time I looked it was still out of print.

Do they have it back for sale now?

john
  6. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Yes I'm still looking for it..............I missed the one Ted sold on ebay............and the last time I looked it was still out of print.

Do they have it back for sale now?

john
  7. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

8. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

9. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Thanks Michael........soon as I figure out how to work the site I'm ordering it. I love the looks of this plane.

john
  10. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Thanks Michael........soon as I figure out how to work the site I'm ordering it. I love the looks of this plane.

john
  11. Swinger

Swinger Member

Before covering the cocpit I made a hole in the place where a stair would be. In fact it wasn't a good idea, because this stair was covered by a little hatch. Anyway, let's assume that the hatch is open. ;)

[​IMG]

This is to prevent the skin from falling down:

[​IMG]

This is how I made the cockpit's edges (The edge was later covered with a few layers of PVA and painted):

[​IMG]

Here you can see additional "anti-falling" strips:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Assembling:

[​IMG]

Well, I nad some problem with fitting these parts. The skin parts are a little too small, as if the design hadn't count the paper strips' thickness. However, it was very easy to solve that problem:

[​IMG]

The former's edge between the lower and upper part of the fuselage's skin should be sanded to get a rounded shape.

Assembled fuselage:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unfortunately I've encountered the problem of too small skin parts in the front part of the fuselage, too. Before I get to this trouble, I want to assemble the central part of the wing to check the fit. By the way, I think that this model can be assembled without using all those strips (or with plain paper strips) - the fit should be better then, as I suppose. The modification wouldn't be difficult, so if anyone is willing to build P-8, please consider this possibility.

[​IMG]

The parts are glossy because I had covered them with a glossy acrylic lacquer. I like the look, and - as I watch the photos - probably the original plane was glossy, too.
  12. Swinger

Swinger Member

Before covering the cocpit I made a hole in the place where a stair would be. In fact it wasn't a good idea, because this stair was covered by a little hatch. Anyway, let's assume that the hatch is open. ;)

[​IMG]

This is to prevent the skin from falling down:

[​IMG]

This is how I made the cockpit's edges (The edge was later covered with a few layers of PVA and painted):

[​IMG]

Here you can see additional "anti-falling" strips:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Assembling:

[​IMG]

Well, I nad some problem with fitting these parts. The skin parts are a little too small, as if the design hadn't count the paper strips' thickness. However, it was very easy to solve that problem:

[​IMG]

The former's edge between the lower and upper part of the fuselage's skin should be sanded to get a rounded shape.

Assembled fuselage:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Unfortunately I've encountered the problem of too small skin parts in the front part of the fuselage, too. Before I get to this trouble, I want to assemble the central part of the wing to check the fit. By the way, I think that this model can be assembled without using all those strips (or with plain paper strips) - the fit should be better then, as I suppose. The modification wouldn't be difficult, so if anyone is willing to build P-8, please consider this possibility.

[​IMG]

The parts are glossy because I had covered them with a glossy acrylic lacquer. I like the look, and - as I watch the photos - probably the original plane was glossy, too.
  13. Mindaugas

Mindaugas Member

Hello Swinger,

Very awesome =D> =D> =D> =D> (applauses)

Maybe you are the one who make those unbelievable models on the covers of Halinski magazine? I think so, that your models looks so proffesional. They are seamless, without any dimples, without any little error!!! You're the master!

And maybe you can give a more detailed tutorial how you made seat belts? They look superb an it would be nice to find out how you made them.

Thanks and good luck! ;)
    --
  14. Mindaugas

Mindaugas Member

Hello Swinger,

Very awesome =D> =D> =D> =D> (applauses)

Maybe you are the one who make those unbelievable models on the covers of Halinski magazine? I think so, that your models looks so proffesional. They are seamless, without any dimples, without any little error!!! You're the master!

And maybe you can give a more detailed tutorial how you made seat belts? They look superb an it would be nice to find out how you made them.

Thanks and good luck! ;)
    --
  15. Swinger

Swinger Member

Thanks Mindaugas, but of course I'm not Marcin Grygiel, the man who built all these models on Hal's covers. I wish I was as good modeller as he is.

Anyway, the seatbelts are made of alluminium foil thicker that the standard one used in kitchen. I derive this thicker foil from yoghurts' (etc.) covers.

[​IMG]

The foil must be painted, of course. I use acrylic paint. When it dries, I fold it.

Then I use silver-colour wire to make the buckles. And that's how I fold wires:

[​IMG]

To be assured that all the parts around the wing fit, I've assembled the central part of the wing (without any problems).

[​IMG]

...and the engine part of the fuselage:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The former with a linking strip had to be sanded a little. Everything else fits very well.

The nets are made of some ribbon. I put some blackened paper behind them.

The below-wing segment. I have removed the white endings (I think the wing will fit better without them) and hardened the sides with 1mm cardboard:

[​IMG]
  16. Swinger

Swinger Member

Thanks Mindaugas, but of course I'm not Marcin Grygiel, the man who built all these models on Hal's covers. I wish I was as good modeller as he is.

Anyway, the seatbelts are made of alluminium foil thicker that the standard one used in kitchen. I derive this thicker foil from yoghurts' (etc.) covers.

[​IMG]

The foil must be painted, of course. I use acrylic paint. When it dries, I fold it.

Then I use silver-colour wire to make the buckles. And that's how I fold wires:

[​IMG]

To be assured that all the parts around the wing fit, I've assembled the central part of the wing (without any problems).

[​IMG]

...and the engine part of the fuselage:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The former with a linking strip had to be sanded a little. Everything else fits very well.

The nets are made of some ribbon. I put some blackened paper behind them.

The below-wing segment. I have removed the white endings (I think the wing will fit better without them) and hardened the sides with 1mm cardboard:

[​IMG]
  17. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

man like allways your work is outstending and gave me full off tip hwo to make my models beter

the tip with the seetbels is just simpel and outstending

thenks allot and kip make the butifull work :)

(is thet tru thet in the fuselage part like in the engine cover u glu the part around the discs befor u clos it with the strip?)
  18. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

man like allways your work is outstending and gave me full off tip hwo to make my models beter

the tip with the seetbels is just simpel and outstending

thenks allot and kip make the butifull work :)

(is thet tru thet in the fuselage part like in the engine cover u glu the part around the discs befor u clos it with the strip?)
  19. Swinger

Swinger Member

Which discs do you mean?
  20. Swinger

Swinger Member

Which discs do you mean?