PZL P-11c Marek - rescaled to 1/72

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Gomidefilho, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

Hello friends!

This is my newer model the Polish figther of the World War II PZL P-11c. The Marek Pacinsky model was originally in the scale 1/50 but I reduced it for 1/72, it was built with cardboard and the skin was done with opaline paper 90g.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I admit that I don't have space to do big models, then I have myself specialized in reducing the scales when possible. :-D

Cheers!

Péricles
  2. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Very nice! I have this kit but haven't built it yet. Were the wings difficult to build?
  3. Alcides

Alcides Member

Very nice !!! I like a lot this planes with this type of wing.

Well, I've to admit I'm in the same boat. I was very entusiast about to build some models in 1/33 scale but the sad thruth is: I don't have space so my limit is 1/48 :cry: .
  4. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

Thank you very much!

The engineering of construction of the wing is very good, but the model presents some mistakes, the formers that compose the curvature of the wing are larger than the rope of the wing. I missed the assembly of the wing twice due to that, the instructions are not also clear and he has pieces even with numbers duplicated, but as it is my second model in that scale liked a lot of the results. :)
  5. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

I am also fan of that wing configuration, I intended to also build a PZL P-7 and who knows one day a Rogarzarski IK-2 that use that seagull wing.:twisted:

For me the scale 1/48 is also the limit and even so for some types of airplanes especially fighters of the World War I and Inter-War period.:wink:

Thank you very much!:grin:
  6. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

What a superb job on this build!

I must admit there is something about the gull wings of these aircraft that caught my eye when I built Marek's Plz P-7a a while back. If you are interested you can find the build thread here:
    http://www.cardmodels.net/forum/showthread.php?t=2389

Unfortunately, it's an old build thread and the picture links were lost a while back when we switched forum providers. Here are two pictures of how my build came out, just to illustrate how great Marek's design of this genre of airplanes are (luckily I saved the pics to Imageshack :grin: ):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you like this type of airplane I can suggest no better design than those by Marek; they are great kits...and a lot of fun to build.

Cheers!
    Jim
  7. DrBill

DrBill Member

I think I have just about every P.11c cardmodel ever produced (I love the Polish designs, and especially those with the "Polish wing"). I have a couple of photo and construction reviews (done before I joined this forum) at http://www.geoghegan.us/. There's a P-11c, a Lublin R-XIIID, and a CSS-10A, all in 1:50 scale from Marek Pacinski (via DeWayne).
  8. Alcides

Alcides Member

Jim !!! As always a very nice build

Dr.Bill I like your site. Thanks for sharing.

Really I would love to see a downloadble model of this plane:

[​IMG]

I know about the card plane model, but is expensive, in 1/33 and the cost shipment to Argentina is very high. :cry: but How nice is that wing :)

Regards
    Alcides
  9. shrike

shrike Guest

Don't forget Marek's PZL P.24 in RHAF markings too
  10. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

DrBill,

I can't recall if you were at last year's paper model convention in Virginia but there was a model of Marek's Lublin on display. I've got to say that the colors were excellent and made the model really stand out. Pictures don't do the model justice.
  11. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

Thank you Jim!

I won of a friend of birthday present that copy of Marek's P-11, I intend to acquire PZL P-7 and the P-24 via De Wayne soon, I liked her PZL P-7 a lot and I will read calmly the suitable topic of her assembly, as well as P-11 I should reduce the scale for 1/72.:grin:

Dr. Bill

I liked a lot his site, and the observations a lot to do in his rewien of PZL P-11 are the same ones that I do, I also had to sand a little the walls of the fuselage so that they formed the correct shape and the instructions really has mistakes of of positioning of the pieces, some lacks and duplicated numbers, recently I bought Kartonowy Fan PZL P-11c in the scale 1/48 and which is not my surprise that the engineering of the kit is identical to Marek's model, I intend soon to build it the original and a scan and reduced for the scale 1/72... :wink:

He is in the list Shrike hehehehe! :twisted:
  12. DrBill

DrBill Member

rmks2000: Yep, I was at the VA gathering last fall. I had the Lublin on display, and that was probably the one you saw. :-D