PZL P.11c 1:33 A. Haliński Publishing

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Rutek 63, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Rutek 63

Rutek 63 Member

Hi everybody,
    Several weeks ago I started my new project of PZL P.11c Published by Andrzej Haliński in the series of "Kartonowy Arsenał"(Card or Paper Arsenal). It is my first airplane paper model. I intended to build this model while ago, but I have resigned out of the respect for this kit accuracy. I think that perhaps now is the time to try. Here is the kit's cower:

[​IMG]

Before I have cat the parts out of the sheet I painted them with one coat of Nitrate Dope for the protection. On the first photos you see the floor and the cage of the fuselage. All the parts shaped like the boxes I first prepared alike the photo etch parts meaning I have cut out the grooves on the bottom of the parts and the outer edges I have cut in to the 45 degree angle.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The steering devices i have build using the styrene rods and the screw up kit parts - 0.02 inch tubes in diameter. Really challenging think to do.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Now the rest of the photos

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Regards!
    Peter
  2. Tim Crowe

Tim Crowe Member

Some nice tidy building - like the use of styrene rod.

Looking forward to more posts.

Tim
  3. Rutek 63

Rutek 63 Member

Thank you Tim!

For the last three evenings, I was putting together the bottom pilot's seat mount and the seat lift jack. I believe that I'm slow builder. Only that "shrimp" from the first picture took me over two hours. Luckily there is only four pages of the parts.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  4. Rutek 63

Rutek 63 Member

One last think before I cut the pilot chair parts. Two machine guns reload levers:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

cheers
  5. cmdr199212

cmdr199212 Member

wow, looks really good man! I'd build slow like that, but I'd lose it WAY to quickly!
  6. Rutek 63

Rutek 63 Member

Thank you cmdr!
    Today I have only the basic version of the pilot's seat to show you. I did not put seat belts on it yet, because I'm planing to make the upholstery based on what I have seen in the museum replica. Here are the pictures:

Regards!
    Peter
  7. papastumpy

papastumpy Member

I pretty much build ships but I do like aircraft as well, and this happens to be of my faves. You are doing a wonderful job. I like the fact you are not afraid to go out side the box and use what is available to get the results you have achieved so far. Nice, clean and straight forward building, the makings for a outstanding model.:wave:Rick
  8. atamjeet

atamjeet Member

Amazing details in the cockpit.. can't wait to see the entire built...
  9. papastumpy

papastumpy Member

I also noticed something else you are good at, photography. Your close ups are sharp and clear. What type equipment are you using for this work. Look forward to more of this build.:mrgreen:Rick
  10. Rutek 63

Rutek 63 Member

Hi everybody,

kimpis,
    It's hard to say. I only remember a couple of the newest parts. The pilot's chair took about six hours. The seat lift jack took about the same.

Rick,
    I use Canon PowerShot S2 IS. It has two macro settings. You can learn more about it here:

http://tinyurl.com/ye8uwf2

I also use Light tent, the one in the picture:

[​IMG]
  11. papastumpy

papastumpy Member

Wow, wow, oh yea, wow. I am a photo bug and I just love the set up, which has now given me the idea to try the same. I use a Sony A300, but I do not have the tent, where did you come up w/your equipment.:thumb:Rick
  12. Rutek 63

Rutek 63 Member

13. papastumpy

papastumpy Member

Thanks and I will let you know when I get. Looking forward to more of your posting of the PZL P.11c:thumb:. Rick
  14. Rutek 63

Rutek 63 Member

The pilot's seat, headrest and harnesses belts are in the cockpit.

[​IMG]

Before I move on to the details, I want to correct my mistake. The PZL P.11c in the Krakow's Museum is not a replica. It is the only survivor of its type that saw combat in September of 1939.
    Now about my model: Thanks to my Polish friends I learned that the P.11c' seat rest was adapted to the back assembly parachute. That is why I made only the bottom pillow of the seat. I carved it from two pieces of cardboard glued together. The buttons are made of styrene rod inserted into the holes.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The seat belts - I made them more visually appealing by removing half of the card thickness from the strip and leaving the fasteners and the brackets in the original card thickness.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The headrest has been so far the most difficult part to do. For convenient glueing I removed half of the card thickness here as well, but only from the bottom of the part with the leaf-like sections (first picture). After assembling I touched up the complete part with paint, gave it a layer of mid density SG, polished it and sprayed a layer of the clear matt acrylic.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Finally, I put everything in the cockpit and covered the cage with its top part.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Regards!
    Peter
  15. cmdr199212

cmdr199212 Member

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: Incredible!
  16. papastumpy

papastumpy Member

OK your students are waiting!!!!!!!!!:wave:
  17. Rutek 63

Rutek 63 Member

OK then, class is in session.
    Subject: Gluing 45 degree angle cuts of small parts.

Pictures will tell all. I'm sure you'll recognize everything.

:wave:
  18. Rutek 63

Rutek 63 Member

Thank you! I'm glad that you like my work.
    For the last month I have been able to build only a few gadgets for the cockpit. Doing it, I managed to trash one part of the right machine gun ammunition feed system. Spare parts are coming from Poland.
    I decided to build this model using only the kit parts, yet I couldn't help it but build push rod for the Viet's starter from scratch (first small picture).

Two overall pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the pictures bellow you see all the gadgets I have added to the model since the last update.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Regards!
    Peter
  19. papastumpy

papastumpy Member

Wonderful, simply wonderful. [​IMG]Rick

[​IMG]
  20. nh3ave2006

nh3ave2006 Member

Very Very Nice work! I am humbled.