PzKpwf II Luchs 1:25 Wak

Status
Not open for further replies.

josve

Oct 21, 2005
Odda Norway
Nice Russell!!
I'm really looking forward to this event!!
Now I'm off to the shower and ending my shift :)

C

cgutzmer

Lots of tank builds going on! I bet Johnny finishes first :)
Chris

Lex

Dollmaker
Dec 1, 2006
Oxford, UK
I've rarely looked at a vehicle build, and now, I'm amazed... And it's seems like a nice competition going on, keep going everyone ^^

josve

Oct 21, 2005
Odda Norway
I just have to step in and say that this isn't a competition.
This is a groupbuild that have been planned for many months by Russell and me.
So the point isn't to finish first or last or anything else, but this is about having fun!! The possibility to dicuss different aspects of the build with eachother and sharing ideas and stuff like that.But the main goal is not to build alone,but togeter and have a lot of fun along the way :)

Yeah, Johnny and I have been talking about this Luch's before it even hit the market for purchase.
It's such a beautiful model with tons of great details!:cool: We were both highly impressed with the design and have been planning this for some time now.
Johnny even helped me to get the kit, the laser parts and the metal barrel, before they were available here in the US.

I've just been procrastinating on starting the build because I have been so busy the last couple of months.
I am glad you are a little ahead of me on the build sequence because I get a lot of ideas and useful information from your build and that helps to make my build a little easier.
Also, I know that since we are doing this together, my build is going to look a lot better than if I had gone it alone!
Plus, this is a lot more fun!:thumb:

I will be putting up some pics of my progress tomorrow.

Russell

causticphlegm

Jun 4, 2007
Sigh. I really hate you guys with this much talent. :mrgreen:

But seriously, absolutely incredible.

Edit - HAHA...my brother, who is a WWII fanatic was looking over my shoulder at those pics. "BS, those aren't paper.", he says. Little does he know.

C

cgutzmer

Looking super! I assume you have not attached the turret yet - can I get a pic of the bottom of the turret? I want to see how it attaches :)
Thanks if its not too late :D
Chris

josve

Oct 21, 2005
Odda Norway
Thanks guys!!

Here is a shot of the bottom.It's just two rings covered with a paperstrip.The fit is so tight that it won't fall off even if it's turned upside down.

Attachments

• turret.jpg
    turret.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 12
C

cgutzmer

Cool, thanks johnny! I think the technical term for that part is the wing ding or thingamabob :)
Chris

josve

Oct 21, 2005
Odda Norway
Looking fantastic, Johnny!:cool:
I'm finally cutting on mine after a very busy week!:mrgreen:

Russell

Thanks Russell!!

I'm now off work for another 3 weeks......Man! someone has a lot of vacations :)
So now you have plenty of time to catch up with me.

Just note!
About the laserparts.
The top piece of the hull,that one that the turret goes into doesnt fit so you have to use the one that comes with the kit!!

I put part K16 on last night, the top part of the hull and I had to cut the slots longer as they weren't in the right position.
3 weeks! Holy moly! You do get a lot of vacations!
At least I do have a little time to catch up to ya. I need time to try to make me some matching paints anyway.

You going anywhere in particular this vacation Johnny?

Russell

josve

Oct 21, 2005
Odda Norway
I have one last shift tomorrow, and after that I will stay at home working on the T40 and making food for my family,putting logs on the fire,drink coffee and just have a good time :)

josve

Oct 21, 2005
Odda Norway
I'll stay in touch :)

Hello!

I have started to make the wheel cionnectors and the suspension.
First I noticed there was something wrong with the parts 64....I could not make the part fit the way it was.So I had to do some investigation,and luckily I found some shots of the real luchs that showed the part.I found out that the part missed some scorelines and the instructions are really BAD on this point and doesn't show the part in it's final shape at all.

Here I have placed the scorelines there they are supposed to be.

The scoreline should be as wide from the scoreline that shows as the part 64B is.When that problem was solved it was no problem to continue.

That was one damper.....3 to go :)

I also made a small hatch on the rear.

Now I'm off work for 3 weeks......so I will continue the Luchs when I return :)

Beautiful work Johnny, as usual!:cool:
I guess I will take over the build for a little while and hopefully I can get caught up to you before you get back from vacation.
There always seems to be some glitches in the works some where, no matter how good a kit it is supposed to be and you have to keep your eyes open for them or else you may work yourself into a corner, eh!?
That last kit you did seemed to go very well as far as fitting together of the parts.
That was the Che-Ha, or whatever, the Japanese tank right?

I have that one but I just got the laser parts for the T40 from WAK and I think I may give it a go first and then the Che-Ha.
Ah, so many models and only one lifetime. What a bummer.

I hope you have a great vacation Johnny and get lots of R&R, my friend!:thumb:

Russell

Status
Not open for further replies.