Purple UHU Glue Sticks

tigerback

tigerback
Mar 1, 2012
Forsyth, MO
Has anyone used UHU glue sticks that go on purple, then dry clear? I bought two tubes (sticks?) yesterday at Michaels' Craft Store in Branson, on sale for $0.99 each. I also bought a self-healing cutting mat, so now I won't be making my wife mad by scratching her kitchen table. I'm attaching a picture001.jpg of my build of a tin-paper style tank. Hopefully it will show up all right.

P.S. How do I attach more than 1 picture?

Z

Zathros

As faras I know, all UHU glues dries clear. That doesn't mean invisible though. If you smear some, there will some light refraction.

EdMaz

Jun 23, 2012
The other thing is the sticks goop (leave a extra small piece of the stick) Where they do that they take a while to dry clear.

active

Jul 18, 2012
hum, I think UHU dries clear, but I find the sticks difficult to apply if the glue needs to go into an area which is difficult to access. There should be an UHU which is more liquid and running. I recently tried to create a picture made of watch parts. My granny used to run a watch shop and collected parts of all kinds of watches, for example TAG Heuer watches. I glued them all together on a linen sheet. Rather postmodern, I felt, but cool.

Z

Zathros

There is, it is in the Yellow container, and has a Twist Top, it comes out is a high viscosity liquid.

113247-3-1.jpg

active

Jul 18, 2012
Ah that was the one I had in mind - have not used it for a while, but now I remember.