Publication

Railery

Hi Paul. Been awhile again. i was just looking at your old layout in Model Railroading, Nov/94. i haven't picked up the MR yet but our hobby store carries the back issues :) Can't wait to see it. U know u had me fooled. Most of your pics on the net look HO ;) When i get my scanner working again i will post 1/2 of my pics(240) from the Rocky Mountaineer Gold Leaf Rail Tour and Yukon Rail Pass trip, i took this last spring. It sounds like alot but the scenery from the trains was the best.:D :D

jon-monon

Matt - Thank you very much! I feel permanently at home here.

Shamus - I read through the art. this AM, so brace yourself for questions :D :D :D I think I'll try to ask them inthe appropriate forum. Very well written, BTW. And guess what?

Little voice: You got it right!

You don't need to rip it out again :D :D :D and if you feel the urge, try adding another room to your house!

shamus

Registered Member
Hey Jon,
I get that little voice in my head nearly every day, it is hard to combat it when I know it's right.:D

Shamus
wink.gif

jon-monon

Gee, this morning I went to look over that article again and all the pages are stuck together. Wonder what happened :( :( :(

Shamus, someone mentioned in another thread, that you had plans for your logging cars in the academy. I was unable to locate them inthe archives or at your website. Are they on-line and I'm missing something? I saw the flat cars, maybe that was it? Funny how expensive RTR log buggies are, esp. with how simple they are. I don't get it.

Now that hte pages are stuck, I was able to move on to other articles, and there's some real nice early industrial pictures in the SW1 article. Even a box cab and a Daventport for the Rocket fans! Hey, do you think the Daventport designers were sleepin' with the Whitcomb designers? (Look at hte cabs on the 44 tonners on pg 52)

shamus

Registered Member
Originally posted by Railery
Hi Paul. Been awhile again. i was just looking at your old layout in Model Railroading, Nov/94. i haven't picked up the MR yet but our hobby store carries the back issues :) Can't wait to see it. U know u had me fooled. Most of your pics on the net look HO ;) When i get my scanner working again i will post 1/2 of my pics(240) from the Rocky Mountaineer Gold Leaf Rail Tour and Yukon Rail Pass trip, i took this last spring. It sounds like alot but the scenery from the trains was the best.:D :D
Hi old friend, you still got the 1994 issue wow, I think that had my old HO "Raton Snake Valley" in it. Did you know that a video of that was made for the NMRA in 1994, I know it also went to the Kalmbach library, but for some unknown reason they lost it.

Jon,
I havn't received my copy of the mag yet, guess it will arrive from the USA soon. BTW, only flat cars on my website and in the Academy

Shamus
wink.gif

jon-monon

Judging from the time gap from when Pete got his, and they came in here in IN, I guess they load up a Ryder van and drive from LHS to LHS until they're all del'd. When they get to Norlins (New Orleans), I'm sure they'll drive it onto a container ship and have it to you before February! :D :D :D Nice maggy, curiously slow :D :D :D

:( :( :( No log buggies :( :( :(

I think I can figure those out anywho ;)

billk

Picked up a copy tonight - don't know for sure when the LHS got it but it is definitely worth the wait. Would be interesting to see if there's a spike in the sales of that issue.