Publication

shamus

Registered Member
Thought you all might like to know that the "NEW" Badger Creek Lumber Company is being published in Model Railroading Magazine October issue 2002.
Heres a link to the front cover.

http://www.modelrailroadingmag.com/images/0210Cov.jpg

I have had a happy 10 year association with Randy Lee, who is the editor of Model Railroading Magazine (U.S.A.) and Andrew Burnham (Continental Modeller) UK

Shamus

billk

Congratulations! Do you have a 'library' of magazines and catalogs with photos of your layouts in them?? - must be getting pretty large by now.

billk

Went to the link - never noticed before that most of your layout names have an animal in them - Badger, Bear, Buffalo, Snake, Eagle. Is there a hidden meaning here? Did you get lost in a zoo as a child or something? ;)

Congratulations, Paul. I'm very pleased for you. :) I'll have to try to find a copy of the magazine. As you know, I'm a great fan of your work. :)

It's always nice to have your work recognized. My latest efforts were published in Finescale Railroader's Narrow Gauge Annual at the end of August. It was part of a 3-article feature on logging and mining machine shops. Mine was the HO representative.

Tyson Rayles

Congrats Paul and to you also Casey! Both of you deserve to be published, your work is outstanding! :cool: :cool: :cool: Unfortunetly neither mag is sold in this area :( :mad: :( . However I would have bought those issues if I could of! Because of people like yourselves here on the Gauge I no longer subscribe to any mags as I get far more info here and quicker! Many thanks to both of you and others here for making my modeling better! :) :) :)

Please accept my congrats also.
Nice that even more people --- beyond those fortunate enough to be part of The Gauge --- will benefit from your inspiration.
Bill S

shamus

Registered Member
Thanks guys,and Congratuations Mike also.

You all know me by now, that I will always do my best to help others in this hobby of ours. I have had over 50+ years of Modelling railroads, and have gained much of my knowledge from the likes of John Allen when I first started. Guess what, I am still learning new tricks.:D

Shamus

NYCentral

Congratuations Paul and Mike!!:cool: I have learned much from both of you!! as I am sure many other people have, your ability to pass on your knowledge is your greatest asset!!

jon-monon

Originally posted by Casey Feedwater
. :) I'll have to try to find a copy of the magazine. As you know, I'm a great fan of your work. :)

I know what I'm doin' fer lunch... off to the LHS to buy my copy!

And of course, warm and fuzzy CONGRATS from the whole crew at the P-K line... :D :D :D

shamus

Registered Member
Hey Jon,
Might not be in the stores right now, MRG is out at the end of the month, unlike other mags which are a month up front.
Shamus

jon-monon

Shamus, as usual, yerrrrrrrright! In fact, Jack the LHS owner said he just got Sept. in. But it was worth the trip, because I got a free copy of the 2002 Walthers cat :) :) :)

Cassey, what's the exact issue? They have The 2003 Narrow Gauge Annual, dated Sept. 2002. What article is it? BTW: That's a good picture of you on the "e-mail me" on yer site :D :D :D Such a goood lookin' young chap!

jon

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Paul,
I will be looking for that issue of Model Railroading!
Mike,
I have the copy of the Finescale Railroader Narrow Gauge annual. I didn't realize the Osage Valley machine shop was yours!
Looks great! My primary reason for purchasing the issue was Don Gage's two cylinder shay, and then, because I'm getting one of the Bachmann On30 shays.
Congrat's to both of you, and, Mr. Feedwater, I won't be taking any more potshots at your cap.
Pete.

Jon - That's the issue. Mine is the last of the three articles on machine shops.

Pete - Thanks for the compliment. As to the cap, well.... thanks. I've had enough of that stinky thing anyway. :D

BTW, guys - Although the photos in the article are mine, the article itself was actually written by Uncle Russ (FR's editor/publisher). That's his "voice" you hear in the article, not mine. What happened was that he asked for the photos and an article over a year ago. Just after I sent him what he requested, he changed the publication schedule and focus of the magazine. As a result, by this past June, when he started to put the Narrow Gauge Annual together, his editorial needs had changed also. Instead of using my article as a "stand-alone," he decided to run three related articles together. Rather than asking me to do a quick rewrite, he did it himself. It probably doesn't matter to anybody but me, but I'm quirky that way. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :)

johan

Shamus, thats great news, guess I shall be buying that one again, now have at least 20 Magazine articles with your layouts in them
Johan