PTF and other brown Water Naval types

Colonel_Klink

Nov 14, 2005
New Zealand
www.dc3d.co.nz
While my main interest in getting back into card modeling is architectural models primarily for model railways, I've been thinking seriously about converting some of my Operation Flashpoint model boats to card.
While it may seem a tad ambitious at this stage, I intend to work on these as a diversion from the buildings.

'Nasty' PTF
ptf5.jpg

The Nasty has a 40mm bofors which I intend building as a separate large scale model at a later date.

Swift
swift5.jpg

Currently I'm converting this (non Vietnam boat)
Fishing boat in 1/87 scale
fair8.jpg

Suggested scales would be appreciated.
Cheers

Darwin

Sep 26, 2005
Idaho Falls, ID
I don't think you want to go any smaller than 1:100. I would imagine the railroaders would appreciate 1:87. I think 1:50 would be just great....that way, you could even do an interior of the cabin.....wish, wish.

J

Jim Nunn

If you design a model of a PBR I would like to volunteer as a Bata builder.

Jim Nunn
BM2, gunner PBR Riv Sec 531 (My Tho)

Colonel_Klink

Nov 14, 2005
New Zealand
www.dc3d.co.nz
I have some detailed drawings of a PBR so I may look at that sometime.

On the question of scale, I notice there are a few I havent come across before like 1/50 and 1/33. Perhaps someone could explain these to me and list others so that I can update the scale convertor tool I made.
cheers

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
1/50 and 1/33 are used mostly in aircraft..........I believe. They seem to be the paper equivalent to the plastic 1/48 and 1/32.

john

charliec

Jan 18, 2004
Brisbane, Australia
And just for additional confusion - card AFV models tend to be in 1/25 rather
than 1/35 used in plastic models. There are lesser numbers of card AFV models in 1/16, 1/35, 1/50 and 1/72.

Regards,

Charlie

T

tausugAir

Colonel_Klink said:
I have some detailed drawings of a PBR so I may look at that sometime.

On the question of scale, I notice there are a few I havent come across before like 1/50 and 1/33. Perhaps someone could explain these to me and list others so that I can update the scale convertor tool I made.
cheers

Does the Col also have drawings of the Swift PCF? I'm entertaining thbe possibility of (card)modeling it in 1:87 scale and in Philippine Navy markings (hull number 334)...Any assistance is very much appreciated .... Regards to all

Muhammad

Colonel_Klink

Nov 14, 2005
New Zealand
www.dc3d.co.nz
Nearly finished modeling a 1/87 model of the fishing boat above. As an experiment into boat modeling I have found it 'interesting'. however the techniques learned will be translated into models of the Nasty PTF and the Swift PCF soon.

T

tausugAir

Colonel_Klink said:
Nearly finished modeling a 1/87 model of the fishing boat above. As an experiment into boat modeling I have found it 'interesting'. however the techniques learned will be translated into models of the Nasty PTF and the Swift PCF soon.

Hi, Colonel ... Looking forward to see the Swift PCF in card model form. 1:87 scale is great as I'm also into HO scale model railroading....Regards

Muhammad