PSF: Andorian Battlecruiser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tars

Jul 1, 2006
Germany
www.planetstarfreak.de
Hi folks! Take a look at my latest design, it's the Kumari class Andorian battlecruiser from Enterprise. I always thought that this is one of the most beautiful ships I've seen so far, so it was quite clear I'd have to build it one day. And since there is no other model of it out there, I finally designed it myself! Nice side effect: I think I finally figured out the UV mapping in meta, so there are many models who might probably benefit from this, especially the Pillar of Autumn and my Pelican MK II...
The Kumari is soon to be released, I think it is a very convenient build, sometimes almost annoyingly convenient because it has many similar parts ;) Nevertheless I am planning on writing some instructions, that's what is yet to be done.
Hope you like it! It proved difficult to find measurements of the ship, but since it is said to be almost the length of Enterprise, and that should be around 360m, I aimed to scale it to 1/1700.

Attachments

• HPIM3875.JPG
    HPIM3875.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 39
  • HPIM3876.JPG
    HPIM3876.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 34
  • HPIM3877.JPG
    HPIM3877.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 28
  • HPIM3878.JPG
    HPIM3878.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 26
  • HPIM3879.JPG
    HPIM3879.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 34

RodentMaster

Oct 14, 2008
I agree it's very well done. I have a question, though: Are those the proper colors? It's been a while but I thought it was green-ish on Enterprise.

Say what you will about Enterprise as a series, it had some really good episodes, and some inspired ship designs. They go back to a purer era of Star Trek, IMO.

D-WHALE

Utopia Planitia Engineer
Aug 25, 2007
Schwedt/Oder, Germany
Hi Tars!
Schönes Modell! Netter Maßstab:mrgreen: mit etwas Kantenfärben sieht es noch besser aus! Ich warte auf den Download!
Übrigens: Du hast aber ganz schön viele Berechnungen auf deinem Tisch für dieses Modell!;)

Schönen Gruß
Marko

Hi Tars!
Nice model and nice scale:mrgreen: with some edge coloring the model will look better! I´m waiting for the download!
BTW: you have a lot of calculations on your table for this model!;)

Greetings
Marko

MOS95B

Feb 19, 2007
Robbinsdale MN USA
www.mos95b.com
Very, very cool!!!!

appl.gif

panzer

Sep 23, 2006
Wuppertal, NRW, Germany
Great model! I know that there are other opinions but I think ENT had some of the most beautiful Trek ships ever and this is one of the best.

Actually, my ST models are enough to build for a decade but I can't wait to download!:mrgreen:

Tars

Jul 1, 2006
Germany
www.planetstarfreak.de
Thank you all!
@D-WHALE
Der Maßstab ist natürlich kein Zufall ;) Und der Dreisatz unten auf dem Block gehört tatsächlich zu dem Modell, hehe ;)
Of course I didn't pick that scale by accident ;) And as a matter of fact some of the calculations actually refer to the model - a little rule of three ;)

And the textures are from some orthographic views I found on a star trek page, so they should be rather accurate... and I know for sure that the andorian ships are grey in colour.
Now working on the second page of the instructions! :D

//edit: I myself I am surprised to say the instructions are finished! I only have to add part numbers to the sheets, but for now I have to sleep a bit ;)

//edit #2: It's finished! File now available for download on my website!! If you build it, feel free to tell me any problems or complaints you have... but I'll also take pictures instead :)

D-WHALE

Utopia Planitia Engineer
Aug 25, 2007
Schwedt/Oder, Germany
Hi Tars!
Editing is good, news posting is better:mrgreen:
I have now a question: what is the scale?
you wrote:"I aimed to scale it to 1/1700." but in the pdf file stand a scale of approx. 1/1050:confused: can you explain it? do you want upload also a 1700th version?

Greetings
Marko

Tars

Jul 1, 2006
Germany
www.planetstarfreak.de
Yeah there was a little mistake with the scale calculations... I first found a source that stated the length of the Enterprise as 360m, and with that number I calculated the scale to 1/1700. However, since the actual length of the ship is 225m, I had to recalculate the scale to 1/1050. Otherwise I would have had to do all the work once more :) Plus, 1/1700 would be REALLY small and probably rather difficult... of course everyone is free to rescale and try the small version himself, it should be 61% of the actual size for the print settings :)

Kjev

Dec 15, 2006
South Eastern Idaho
I finally got a chance to extract it and look at it this morning. I LOVE the instructions! Very professional and well done, regardless of the scale. Great work, Tars!:thumb:

RodentMaster

Oct 14, 2008
I've finally got this printed out in color and have looked over the instructions.

My compliments! First-rate quality with the instructions! I'm quite impressed.

However, in the last one it says "you can put it on the display stand" -- but it doesn't come with one heh heh heh. Small oversight. Not a big deal, though.

Tars

Jul 1, 2006
Germany
www.planetstarfreak.de
Actually, there is a display stand :) It just isn't included yet because I was too busy working on the instructions... and I thought it would be better to release the model to the public without display stand than to have it delayed further :D Today I uploaded the latest version which includes the display stand :)

Status
Not open for further replies.