PRR in N scale

G

Gregg Mahlkov

Though I'd try to post a photo of my layout. Guess it didn't work!

Hi Gregg,
Don't get dissilusioned with your first attempt.....
If you have a photo or picture on your hard drive in .jpg format you can attach it to your post by using the "Attach File" box (just above the "Submit Reply" button and navigate to the .jpg file using the "Browse" button. It's as easy as putting attachments into e-mails.

There is also a way to post pics/photos from your website if you have such a site. I haven't used it so I won't say anymore about it lest I tell you wrong.

Hope you have success on your next attempt.
Errol

G

Gregg Mahlkov

Sorry, I can't post the jpg's. They are between 220 and 280 K bytes, and the max shows as 102.4 K - No wonder it didn't work! I knew better than to try the tif's, they are more like 2 MB! May try something else, but will be a few days.

Drew1125

Very nice work, Gregg...
Would love to see more!:cool:
That 3rd shot looks like it might have been at a show somewhere?
What's the size of the layout?
Can you give us some details?

G

Gregg Mahlkov

Here are some more pictures, one of the whole layout, which is exactly 2 ft. by 4 ft., and another of my gas-electric and oil wholesale depot.

http://www.gtcom.net/~mahlkov/page3.html

The photos were shot by Dave Ramirez of the Pensacola Ntrak club at the Wiregrass Train Shjow in Dothan, AL, last fall.

roryglasgow

That's a great layout, Gregg! It's amazing what can be accomplished in such a small space. What is the minimum radius?

-Rory

G

Gregg Mahlkov

The minimum radius was supposed to be 8 inches, but the track was laid on cork sheet, not cork roadbed. Steam locos larger than an MDC 2-8-0 or 6 axle Diesels will not negotiate the curve behind the enginehouse. There was a curve so sharp on the lower level that it had to be rebuilt..

G

Gregg Mahlkov

There never was a layout diagram It is basically a folded dogbone and spurs were added where they could be fit in. Six of the switches are Arnold Rapido (the switch machines could be turned upside down and buried on them) and one is Atlas, which replaced a Joeuf on which the coils burned out. The track has been laid for 30 years.