Prr Gg1

erniemiller2

Oct 4, 2006
Hi Guys,
I Am Trying To Locate A Detailed Interior Floor Plan For A Prr Gg1 Electric Loco. I Hope Someone Out There Can Steer Me In The Right Direction.
Thank You,
Ernie

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
I can tell you this...

...much.

I have some interior pictures, in my old computer. Had a few posted here sometime ago- can't find 'em.

Went thru about a dozen parked GG1s in Kearney, NJ.

The layout is an H inside. The cab doors swing in and as wide as you see them they miss the interior wall (by what I remember being about 3-4") that would make the motor rooms on the other side. The cross-way is about 3 feet wide. There's a door accessing each motor room from the cross-way, when I went thru them it was pitch black. All I can say is- there's a lot of big stuff in there and you could climb past along the inside of the wall that makes the H and finally get to the nose door.

The cab interior paint was a pale mint green- kinda like Comet after ya start scrubbing. There was a bit of a recess where the driver would sit- shoulder room. Me at 6'-4" and 235 lbs- It was just enough room once I got to the control stand. I had to move shoulders turned to get from the door to the drivers seat.

Thanks for bringing back some fond memories of my favoritist locomotive ever.

Mark

P.S. If ya need the couple of interiors I have leave a note- I'll dig for them the next time I poke the old 'puter- I need to get 'em on disk for myself.