PRR Back on the tracks today!!!!!!!

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Dec 23, 2006
Somerset County PA
What a day I made it to Horse Shoe Curve and what can I say that the photograph can't? It was great seeing the old girl running the curve with a NS freight in the background.

Look for more photo's to come in the real life USA forum.
F-1.jpg

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Fantastic! Radio telephone riggings and all! What a couple of beauties! Did you know it was scheduled? What's the story on that excursion run?
Ralph

slekjr

Feb 13, 2007
to Ohio
www.kiskijunction.com
What's the story on that excursion run?
Dear Ralph
The train is to overnight in Pittsburgh and head east via mainline at 0700 tomorrow morning (July 8 ). It is to run ahead of the Pennsylvanian. I think the HSC trips resume again when they arrive.
Charlie

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Dec 23, 2006
Somerset County PA
Well yes and no. This was the weekend for the Altoona, Pa Rail fest. I new they were going to have a special PPR running but I really didn't know when.

The wife wanted to go bike riding on the Staple Bend Tunnel Trail. I worked in a deal to the Horse Shoe Curve so it was a stroke of luck I hit the correct time.

I got a double treat because once the train got to the top of the mountain it was turned around and made a second pass 30 minutes later.

Since the trip to the curve is only 30 minutes I might make another drive if it is running again tomorrow. I was lucky to have the big glass with me today because the top choice spots were taken.

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Dec 23, 2006
Somerset County PA
I just checked the train will make a total of 6 passes on the curve this weekend. It will depart from Altoona go past the Horse Shoe Curve and turn around near Galitzen and back to Altoona. They do have a trip to Pittsburgh but I'm not sure when that goes since I was there for the 3rd trip of the day at 3:00pm and it did in fact turn around and went back to Altoona.