PRR Alco C630 Roll Out

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Engine 6316 just completed its refurb today setting the stage for limited excursion service with the NC Transportation Museum - Ballantyne Branch. It rolled out of Davidson Repair at 5 pm today to surprisingly little fanfare. Train service with this restored diesel is expected in the coming weeks - pulling special freight and some executive passenger rail cars. Many PRR railfans were excited when officials at the Museum announced their plans to purchase and restore this rare model. Although Museum officials declined to mention the purchase price in the press briefing, they heartily belive it was worth every penny spent. And from the crowd on hand that watched the roll out, their admiration of this classic design and refurbishment work was clearly evident. Said one bystander from up north, "Almost makes me want to leave Altoona for Charlotte just to see this one run again."

Attachments

• PA090991.JPG
    PA090991.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 81

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Yeah, neat story, Herc Driver, and nice picture, too. I'm partial to pretty much all of the Century-series locos, and, of course, their Canadian M-series counterparts. I'm not very familiar with who makes what in N scale: who's the manufacturer?

Wayne