Proto GP-27

snick

Jun 6, 2006
Hi,
I have a Proto GP-7 DCC with sound. I use a MRC Prodigy DCC System. The engine runs foward in reverse and reverse in foward. I know there is a way to change the direction of the loco, but I don't remember which cv it is. Can anybody help me???
Snick

tweet469

Dec 14, 2004
CV-29 adding 1 to the # already programmed is supposed to change the direction What decoder do you have installed? I don't think it makes any differnce. Tweet.

Rusty Spike

Dec 5, 2003
Mankato, MN
Visit site
I use the Prodigy system - there is a single programming button that is labeled "Polarity" or so I think (I'm not at home right now). Put the engine on the programming track, move the switch on the main unit from run to program and hit that button one time. Switch to "Run" again and test it. I think that will do it.

Does the back of the hand held give instructions in case mine are not quite accurate?

snick

Jun 6, 2006
I tried adding #1 to cv29, did not work. Which is the front of a GP-7, the end with the cab or the other end?

JAyers

Sep 9, 2004
snick said:
I tried adding #1 to cv29, did not work. Which is the front of a GP-7, the end with the cab or the other end?

Depends on the road and era. But mostly the short end. GTW ran long hood forward for many years.