Proto 2000 sw1200 help

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
I'm rebuilding a basket case proto 2000 sw1200 that I bought awhile back at a swap meet but I'm missing three small detail parts. I'm wondering if anyone has spares? I already contacted walthers and they will sell me the entire detail packages but I don't need 90% of the parts.
I an missing:
2 MU hoses (the 4 hose unit)
1 handrail. the small one on the front right hand side (with the three uprights.

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
You could get the mu hoses in brass from Detail Associates, or Details West, I think. You can get the correct stanchions from one of Walther's vendor companies, but I could not find it listed on their web site. I've seen them in previous catalogs, but have not checked out the new catalog. Once you have the correct stanchions, you can bend up the hand rails from brass wire. In fact once the remodel is done on my house so that I can unpack my model railroad stuff and get back to modeling, one of my early projects is to get rid of all plastic handrails of any kind on any locomotive that has plastic and convert to metal handrails and stanchions.