Propuh Introduction

Propuh

Hello,

I'm introducing myself after a while, as I missed mandatory introduction.
I live in Sarajevo, Bosnia, working in IT sales, and I have no previous experience in modeling.

Few month ago, I was angry on my 8 year son, as he had problems with math, and have problem with multiplication table.
I though that I can help him combining game and point calculations, so I started to search for suitable game where you must calculate points, rolling dices and to be interesting to kids.

So I found Warhammer 40k game, but I wasn't ready to spend fortune on models and terrain. Then I decided to make few models from paper, and I made those:

img_20160123_220436-jpg.148629

After month of learning rules and reading books, then trying to explain learned rules to my kid, I though that there could be something similar but more realistic then those marines, aliens and daemons.

Then I found Flames of War game, I downloaded basic rules from their site, and started to make 1:100 paper models of figures necessary for playing game.
Meanwhile I hooked up, for some models I found ready printable templates, for some I found bigger templates, and after shrinking those templates become too hard to fold and glue, so I started to search for ww2 tank color blueprints, and making models from cardboard and then applying images on it.

That project I put on zealot site on this post:

http://www.zealot.com/threads/flames-of-war-papercraft.179123/#post-1008190

And this is few of my paper models, that continue growing, and I am playing now FoW on daily bases with my kids.

Rp2v5gT.jpg

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
For having no experience, we will have you designing in no time!! Great work. That's a lit of models to build. I once told you about the white lines, that's something you can bo back and touch up at any time. The color doesn't have to be perfect, just dark. Many tanks had darker colors at the edges to make them harder to see (like a darker green). Thanks for posting the Introduction and this great picture of all of your work!! Excellent!! We re very Happy to have you as a new member of Zealot. :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to Zea

I like the idea of using paper model building and gaming to help your son to learn math. Not only that, but when your son is old enough to handle a hobby knife, you can teach him how to build models as well.

I have to agree with Zathros. You really should colour the edges so that you do not have the white lines showing. I would suggest using watercolour paints and a "dry brush" technique. That way you can mix and blend the colours to match the colours of the project that you are working on at the time. I would also suggest to paint the edges before you assemble the parts.

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, need help or advice. Please feel free to ask and we will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction).

Once again, welcome aboard. I hope that you enjoy yourself. I am looking forward to seeing your work.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome to zealot! :)

You have already built a very sweet fleet. Excellent idea to use the game for education.

Make yourself comfortable here and have fun and enjoy! :)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Fourth of July, Firecrackers, under sand!! Film it!! Boom chaka laka!! ;)