Properly Waterproofing a kit for R/C

Discussion in 'Ship & Watercraft Models' started by NYC Irish, Nov 26, 2004.

1. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

Hello all, I need a few tips and general advice.

Im interested in building the Flymodel Trawler Regulus again but this time throwing a motor and R/C gear in to bring to the local pond for a few laps. Obvioulsy there will have to be some changes and a serious amount of waterproofing or I will have a lot of spare soggy paper the next time I'm doing a Paper Mache Mask.
    Has anyone here tried that, what should I use for an internal frame, Plasti-card? What about the small items, winch, boxes and Radio Revievers etc. Any suggestions on a waterproofing spray or such?

Any suggestions would be appreciated

John John
  2. Renaud

Renaud Member

3. Bernhard

Bernhard Member

Hi there,

just a word of caution to those who want to use the Minwax Wood Hardener. Paper treated with this product yellows after a while - even if not exposed to sunlight. Either one has to live with the discoloration or repaint the hardened parts.

Bernhard
  4. NYC Irish

NYC Irish Member

5. Renaud

Renaud Member

Waterproof

Go to "www.papership.de" , register or not, I don't know, for I am, and then use the following thread after clicking left on "forum":

1/"Schiffe" then
    2/"Bauberichte" then
    3/"schwimmfähiger Fischkutter Typ B 25 " or just below "Übersetzung Baubericht Fischkutter B-25"

tell me if something goes wrong.