projects continued

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
After making the list of projects that were left unfinished last week I can report that I have knocked about 5 of them off the list:

I finished the stock car as far as I can go considering the weather prohibits me from painting

I repaired the reeferigerator car that fell off the layout

I added the sidwalks. In the process I added foundations to all the finished buildings in the city area to bring them up to sidewalk level.

I added the cast-metal details to my DPM gold kits. This went more-or-less in hand with the sidewalk project since some of the details couldn't be added until the sidewalks were in. Mostly I had to add the awnings, park benches, roof vents, and miselaneous junk that were included in the kit.

Finally I repaired my tender trucks. They were cast metal and I 'welded' them back together with JB weld and crazy glue. I have to wait a couple more hours before I can attach it to the tender and test run it.

Right now I'm added weight and checking coupler height of my freight cars. Some are dead on the weight and others are a little shy. none are over weight.

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
At least you're getting stuff done! I still have to....

A. Weather, decal, and assemble the grain elevator...
B. Hook up the Atlas track to the EZ track and test to see if it runs...
C. Find,get, and assemble an engine shed/machine shop...
D. Put the scenery down..
and finally after all that...
E. Get my layout functional again!

and here is the stuff I WANT to do after all this is done:

1. Get Mavis
2. Get that CNW 4-6-2 Pacific from IHS
3. Upgrade to DCC
4 Expand layout
5. Get more rolling stock
6. Make up a roadname (I want custom engines!)
7. Get that F3B unit for my F3A

and the grain elevator isn't even decaled yet!sign1