Project Thor Paper Model

ARMORMAN

FOUNDATION CORNERSTONE
Oct 2, 2009
NW Indiana
armorman.deviantart.com
Sooo...anyway I got this done a few months back. I was going to build a diorama, but just didn't have the time. I'm posting it with some old blurry build pics and some finished pics. Also, with the kind permission of the designer, I am posting a few comic panels to show the inspiration.

You can build it either static or pose-able. I chose the latter, not realizing that the designer had forgotten to make the ankles pose-able as well. The end result was a figure that is like one of those tap dancing dolls that you place on a piece of wood and make the arms and legs swing. No biggie, but I would have modified the design if I had not realized the problem so late in the process.

Anyway, to the overall build: clear instructions and assembly drawings. Pretty straightforward. I noticed the paper model was going to glaze over some of the detailing of the CG model, so I started with printing two copies so I could add the raised surface detail.

The list of mods:

I added the raised surface detail to the torso, including the eagle, grills, swastika, electric shock warning (on back), ring around the optic lens, built up the tread on the feet and built up the claws as well.

I cut the venting hole son the the dual radiators (but gave up recessing the gray areas after several tries - too fiddly) and the cooler on the electric gun (left arm).

I replaced all smaller hydraulic pistons with q-tip stems (rolled, paper ones, of course) and the hoses off the dual radiators as well. I also replaced the electric gun tube with a leftover from another project and used paperclip sections for the chain gun "arms."

I created mini rolled pistons for the shoulder joints as there were none for the model, but clearly shown on the CG model and the comic reference pages the designer sent. I also modified the shoulder cap to more closely mimic the CG/comic design as the center is supposed to be recessed and not flat.

Attachments

• 1944 thor comic pics.jpg
    1944 thor comic pics.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 6
  • feet bottom.jpg
    feet bottom.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 6
  • feet complete.jpg
    feet complete.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 6
  • torso side.jpg
    torso side.jpg