Project Orion Battleship

RocketmanTan

The latest model design I'm working on is the Project Orion Battleship. The Battleship, like its name suggests, was a Battleship variant of the Orion Project. The battleship was equipped with Mk 5 Naval cannons, and a whole bunch of nuclear missiles of various purposes. A model of this horrendous machine was presented to JFK and he was supposedly so freaked out that he canceled the project was soon as he saw it.
My model is not going to look exactly like the Fantastic Plastic model (link: http://fantastic-plastic.com/ProjectOrionBattleshipPage.htm) for legal reasons. Therefore, the model will be of my own interpretation. Questions/comments are welcome :mrgreen:

RocketmanTan

Well, here's my beta build of the model held together with tape. :eek:ops: I will most likely put a "shuttle bay" and add a Casaba Howitzer to the model. The final model will have the options of building it with these details or without them (displayed in the photo)

Attachments

• Picture 4.jpg
    Picture 4.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 339

RocketmanTan

At the risk of sounding like a babbling idiot who is unaware of everything around them and talks to themselves, I have finished the final design. All I have to do is formatting and I'll post the model here and in the downloads section.

mysteroid

Hey very cool and great looking model. :thumb:

Thanks for the hard work designing and creating this model.

Frankly, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who sounds like a babbling idiot! :rofl:

Steve

FERNANDO

I SUGGEST THAT YOU READ LARRY NIVENS SCI FI NOVEL FOOTFALL.
IT IS ABOUT AN INVASION OF EARTH BY ELEPHANTINE ALIEN BEING'S.
IN IT HE DESCRIBES A SPACESHIP ARMED WITH 16 IN GUNS AND SPACE SHUTTLES. BASED ON THE ORION PROJECT.
CHECK OUT Aerospace Imagineering Presents FOR A RENDERING OF THE MICHEAL BATTLESPACESHIP. THIS IS REALLY GOOD

FERNANDO

Dyna-Soar