Project Micro rs4: The Rocket

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by dj6666969, Sep 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

K update on the Micro. My Brushless I ordered came in 2 days ago and my new rear axel came in today and I will pick it up tomorrow. This thing is gonna scream. As for speed 60+ is not far off, maybe even 65. Again for the loser who made another account stop posting on my thread your worthless THANKS
  2. RCking

RCking Member

we all can see you dont understand what scale speed means.65mph is not fast at 1/18 scale.its only the speed of your mom walking you kid sister in her stroller.
  3. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

Update last night went out to run it and the rime and tire flew off and was to not be found. I ordered some new high performance tires which will help it grip alot. This friday I will be ordering a graphite chassis for it which will lower the c/g alot. I will keep posting updates as they come along.
  4. RCking

RCking Member

glue your tires to the rims so they dont fly off.
  5. RCking

RCking Member

tires half off of the rims can pull the whole wheel off of the car at high speeds! what where you thinking?
  6. redheat

redheat Member

Use some CA on your mouth , now get the #@$% out of here , RED
  7. digdug72

digdug72 Member

RC King I live in elgin Illinois, so instead of running your mouth, come knock on my door, I'll be waiting. Since you like to bash others on the board, lets' you and I bash a couple of rounds!!
  8. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

ok update. Finaly got it running good without cogging. I droped the pinon to the lowerst amount of teeth which is about 8 or 9. Even with this few of teeth I am probly seeing speeds in the 35-40 range. It has alot of torque but no top end. I have to wait tell Monday and then I can buy more pinon's to put a bigger tooth on it but I might have more cogging. I figure once I get my graphite chassis things will run smoother. Also I made a belt tensioner off of a screw from work and a old socket and it works good and makes a cool sound Lol.
  9. Justin_E

Justin_E Member

DJ how do u like the RS4? im thinking about getting one...
  10. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

there really nice and the handleing of them is just as they say, like a 10th scale sedan. With a brushless in it its so fast its scary. As soon as I have a sunny day and another person I will take some vids of it.
  11. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

Well withbigger pinons I have cogging so I decided to switch my esc from my mini t into the micro rs4 and no more cogging. I think I might have got a bad esc BUT I put the esc into the mini t and it works fine.. very weird. I bought some HP rear tires and seems to work. I also bought the front spring set and put the hard springs in the front but I think that might be y it handles alittle rough.

EDIT I finaly came up with a way to mount my Venom Speed Checker to my Micro rs4. After I set it up I pushed it and it came in at 2 mph so it in fact was working and working well. It is night here so I took it outside for alittle test. I changed the front springs and this made a difference in the handleing. Now with that said I did a speed run. I had about a 40 foot strech of lights tell tomorrow morning to run it. I did a run and brought it back it clocked in at 40 MPH. Ok so its working great, LETS GO FASTER. I opened it up half trottle and I was running out of room fast so I let it down and brought it back. This time is ran 45 MPH . I decided it was enought for tonight but I had it off the ground and hit the throttle 75% the speed meter came in at 60 MPH :) As of tonight I can at least say my micro rs4 does go at least 45 MPH.
  12. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

Last night the rs4 hit 50 MPH. I was haveing some randge problems but I fixed them. I out my biggest pinon on and am now chargeing the lipo up for some high speed fun.
  13. RCking

RCking Member

you have to set up the speed check for the size of the car.the real speed was about 23-27mph top speed if it is a 1/18 scale.if it were 1:10 is would be about 40mph.so your little car cant even hit 30mph in reality.but its cool because it looks faster because of its small size.
  14. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

no no no see you don't know what your talking about at all. I set it up like the directions said. I measured one full revolution and put it into the VSM and I am getting the right speed. Also ive seen pics of tc3's where they put the magnet on the center drive shaft which is skinnyer then the outdrive I have mine on and it reads right. Its sad but you gotta admit it you have no idea what your talking about again. So Venom is false advertiseing huh?

Ok back to the micro. I put my largest pinon on and it has way to much top end so im gonna put my other pinon back on and with my range problem fixed ill be able to open it up even more :)
  15. RCking

RCking Member

doesnt matter.your micro car doesnt go that fast.no way it goes more than 20mph.BTW to 1:10 scalers your car is equal to a Radio Shack/ Toys R Us car so go to another Forum that talks about Barbie Dolls and Match Box/Hot Wheels cars and stop trying to fit in with us men who race RC.dj6666969
  16. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

u know what u go ahead and belive that. Your worthless and have nothing to offer any one. You know nothing about rc's by what you have posted on this forum. And I am sorry to tell you but they don't sell any rc's at eather of those places rtr for 200 bucks. So again your just crap in a toliet.
  17. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

Ok today was the most impresive run of the rs4. I hit 68 MPH acording to the VSM. I would belive this to be acurate because I pushed it and it comes in at 1-4 MPH so its working and measured correctly.
  18. RCking

RCking Member

the fastest your car goes is about 25 mph.68mph is just scale speed.so if it is a 1/10 scale that is only 6-7 mph.you car is very slow and that is a fact as i prove in this post to be a fact.
  19. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

no your incorrect and again, know nothing. I measured it correctly its the correct speed. Are you mad because your rc's still go slow?
  20. RCking

RCking Member

my RC cars have broken 100mph.if you think that is slow then you dont understand scale speed from actual speed.

i run 1/10 scale not 1/180 like you do.
    my cars are mesured in actual speed.the # you come up with should be devided by 18.that will = your actual speed becuase of its scale.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.