Project CPR Selkirk T1

davidmbedard

May 19, 2003
Calgary, Canada
www.davidbedard.com
The Selkirk at Heritage Park is on the corner of 14th Street and Heritage Drive, quite outside the Park and is easily photographable.

Next week eh? I hope you know we are going into a uber-deep freeze in the next few days to a week.

Cheers

David

Sir_Tainly

Jan 15, 2003
Cambridge, England
Visit site
Thanks David, all I hope is my camera works at those low temps :)

Actually the icebox experience is part of the reason I'm visiting in Jan, I'm hoping to emigrate in the next few years, and I thought it best to at least know what the weather was like at it's worst before commiting myself. (should that read having myself committed, for actually wanting to be in sub zero temperatures ?? :D )

Simon

davidmbedard

May 19, 2003
Calgary, Canada
www.davidbedard.com
Here is a quick update pic....look at the new trailing truck...

Selkirk%20165.jpg

Selkirk%20167.jpg

Sure is a handsome loco!

David

Sir_Tainly

Jan 15, 2003
Cambridge, England
Visit site
Looking good David.

Thanks for the info re the real thing, I was able to get some photos of it last week, and should be getting them developed today.

I see Del Prado has offered the Royal Hudson as a static display model, do you have any plans to make one of these too ?? :D If so the Del Prado offering might be a good start.

Simon

davidmbedard

May 19, 2003
Calgary, Canada
www.davidbedard.com
Tuesday, January 25, 2005. Locomotive 5931 is finally comming out of the KnotVille paint facility.

Selkirk%20182.jpg

Selkirk%20183.jpg

Selkirk%20184.jpg

Selkirk%20186.jpg

Selkirk%20188.jpg

Selkirk%20189.jpg

I would like to thank everyone who showed an interest in this project. For me it was an opertunity to expand my modeling techniques. A few of the things I learned was.....

1. How to work with brass.
2. How to solder properly.
3. How to 'paint' with decals (all the Maroon areas are decals)
4. Learning once again that I still hate dry-transfers!

Again, thanks for showing an interest....please feel free to shoot any question over to me.

David

Bob Morris

Jan 4, 2005
I've really enjoyed reading this thread. Nice job and kudo's for your perseverance! I did an HO Lehigh Valley "John Wilkes" steamer many years ago with the help of an experienced bass modeler. I can't imagine trying to do one in N !!!

Bob

Bob Morris

Jan 4, 2005
True. But fortunately the John Wilkes was a Raymond Loewy designed streamlined Pacific and a lot of the "fruit" was underneath the sheetmetal.

Bob