Progress?

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Those that have followed my posts know I'm working on the right "leg" of my L-shaped layout. The right side of the leg is pretty much done with the tobacco farm and the main drag into Tellico Gap. On the left is the mtn., furniture factory and engine house. That leaves the middle. I built a little bit of a rolling hill and will put row houses on it. Along the road down by the tracks there will probably be a run-down diner. I still have 5 more row houses to build which I'm not looking forward to as I hate to build more than one of anything :p ! Anyway this is the progress??? :rolleyes: so far such as it is. Can I get credit for at least hydro-seeding most of the spackling compound and stryofoam? :p :rolleyes: :p

Attachments

• progress.jpg
    progress.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 200

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
CREDIT CREDIT CREDIT

Great job Ty, it really reminds me of my favorite part of the country and I miss it. I know what you mean by the buildings, I hate that too. When I decal cars I do one side and then come back much later to finish, I guess we all do that. Keep up the great work and every time I see those trees I am in awe.
Jim :eek: :eek: :eek:

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Yes Ty, it has to be worth a beer at least! :)
I agree about the repetitive building thingie ... especially windows, let alone a series of houses! :( But they will look good in that setting (as long as that gyproc area doesn't develope into a quary or such like :)

I'm not sure I understand what "spackling" is though, you've used the term before but now I'm curious.:confused:

Your layout just gets betterer and betterer sir.:cool:

Errol

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Visit site
Errol spackling compound never fully hardens so it is easy to stick toothpicks into to plant trees or go back later and carve out a pond or ditch or whatever. Never have to drill and it weights NOTHING, extremely lightweight. Plus like rich said no mixing no mess. Most hardware stores and Home Improvment places carry it.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Tyson,
Lookin' good !!! If I'm going to build multiples, I'd rather do them all at the same time. I use a "chopper" for a lot of the cutting, and it is easier to set up each cut, then make the required number of parts for all the "multiple units".
Appears like the SM&CH boxcars have been spending plenty of time in use on the road !
Pete

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Visit site
Alex they are photos cut out and pieced together. If you go to the tech Q&A forum, near the top is a thread called background dilemmas. Click on it and go to my response. In my response I posted a link to where I got em'. :) Pete those SM&CH boxcars will get the wheels wore off em', thanks again my friend! ;)

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Tyson,That is some great modeling there! Super nice! :D I really like your rolling hills and the use of the forest in the foreground. :cool: :D Got anymore pitures you would like to share? :D :D :D

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Tyson,Thanks! I can almost smell the copperheads in that piture of those Southern units coming out of the tunnel.. I lived and worked in Kentucky and visited WVa,Va,Tn and NC.... You have capture that look nicely. Great Job! Well done! :D

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Lookin' good , old friend!
:cool: :cool: :cool:
Are you building the row houses from scratch?
This is something that I may be getting around to eventually, also, on my little coal mining layout.
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!