Progress Pictures on the ACT RR

fifer

The Canyon , upper track leads into the 4 turn helix for a 9 3/4" drop to 0 elevation.

Attachments

• dscn0762.jpg
    dscn0762.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 524

fifer

The Helix.
It has access from bottom and I can stand up in it , and is lighted,with double track inside.

Attachments

• dscn0771.jpg
    dscn0771.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 506

fifer

The newly constructed south yard end overpass (unpainted).

Attachments

• dscn0767.jpg
    dscn0767.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 486

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Excellent looking layout!!!! I really like your backdrops, the dam, the cliff dweller ruins, ....very nice!!!!!
Ralph

SD90

Wow, very nice! What did you use for the water behind the dam? It sure looks good! Keep the pictrues coming.

Mike.

fifer

Thanks

Thanks Guys .
Mike the water is a piece of ripple shower door glass and slides back for access.
When I get the colored Enviro-Tex casting resin in the river I'll paint the underside of the glass to come to a close color .
The bodies of water in the southwest tend to be a little brownish blue and the rivers are almost always brownish.
I need to get the water in to place the bridges in their final set and attach track.
After I finish the base plaster I need to start wiring.
I have all the tortoise machines in place and wiring done to a amphinal connector and just need to wire the panel; and plug it in.
Mike

fifer

Backdrops

Thanks Ralph , about 30% of the backdrops are printed commercial and then I blended them in and painted the rest with common hobby acrylics from Hobby Lobby.
I also water these down to match the backdrops and do the basic ground cover. I have not used any woodland foams yet, it will go on after the base paint and track painting.
I do base scenery first so I know how much track I really need to paint and ballast.
The rest of the track is just glued and tacked. The track is all Peco cd 55. The track going under the trestle is only a back and forth mine track with a small loco and 5 close coupled atlas 26' ore cars.
Thanks , Mike