progress photos

jsoflo

heres more trys:

the layout goes on a single track behind the bookshelf next to the yard in the photo, it comes out the other side, which has track laid but nothing else so far. The bridge in photo 4 is my bridge over the Schulykill river in Phenixville. Putting a tunnel in on the south side of it (not done) and still have to put in water. That wall of the shelf is only 5" wide, so its merely a double track with the bridge and tunnel. All the action is on two of the other sides.

And THANKS! Ron!

Attachments

• web11.jpg
    web11.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 423
  • web12.jpg
    web12.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 420
  • trains3 004.jpg
    trains3 004.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 417
  • trains3 008.jpg
    trains3 008.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 415

jsoflo

progress

and "no" the blue wharehouse building is not done yet, I got a bit impatient and stuck it in there before finishing the roof, and weathering it.:eek:ops:

jsoflo

New progress

Here are some pictures of new progress: These are photos of a GP38 I custom painted into CP scheme, and of an area on my layout on the opposite end of the bookshelf from the yard, this will be Pottstown, PA. There is an out-of-use old track circling behind the brick building, a moving company now, the other building is the closed Pottstown passenger station:

Attachments

• CP GP38.jpg
    CP GP38.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 311
  • CP GP38 6.jpg
    CP GP38 6.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 308
  • CP GP38 4.jpg
    CP GP38 4.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 304
  • CP GP38 3.jpg
    CP GP38 3.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 304
  • CP GP38 8.jpg
    CP GP38 8.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 304

jsoflo

One more

One more picture. Still working on this area of the layout. The track coming towards the viewer will attach to a modular industrial area. Still have to finish the parking area for the moving company and old Amtrak station, as well as old passenger platform. I'm doing a snow setting as well, light snow on the ground in Philadelphia, heavier up there in Pottstown. I am also working on the backdrop, I have cropped photos-- winter scene- of the area to attach to the backdrop, just need more photo ink! The moving company building I added a rooftop A/C unit to, real wood in the windows, and corrugated metal looking cargo doors. Still have ballasting and some track work to do in this area also.

Attachments

• CP GP38 9.jpg
    CP GP38 9.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 297

jsoflo

New pictures

Here are some pictures of some of the progress I've made in the last weeks. Also must add, got 2 of the new Kato Sd40-2 Mid productions (undec) that I have started to paint, wow, REAL nice!

Attachments

• potts1.jpg
    potts1.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 176
  • bridge3.jpg
    bridge3.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 176
  • Potts passenger.jpg
    Potts passenger.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 173
  • bridge4.jpg
    bridge4.jpg