Progress on trolley module

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Val,I love your style of building a layout.. :thumb: I have always thought it best to do one section at a time instead of trying to the whole thing at once. :thumb:

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Val, I like your layout. Here in So Cal we don't generally have the luxury basements to model in. Looking at your layout pictures, it looks like the trolley peninsula is set on top of the main layout instead of against it. Did I see that correctly? If so, how do you plan to transition the scenery?

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Dang Val!!!!
Sure wish I had all them buildings done in N scale ;)
Exciting to see your city beginning to take shape i bet.
You mean to tell me that big ol steamer of yours wont make a 9" Radius :D :D :D

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Thanks Brakie!! I have to do it that way, since I'm learning as I go :)

Russ, that's right, the trolley is on top of the mainline. The idea is that the trains go underground there, under the RR station. The transition will be a gradual rise of scenery on either side of the RR cut and then a tunnel portal - more of a girder portal actually. Hope it looks good when I finally do it, hehe.

Val

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
spitfire said:
Thanks Brakie!! I have to do it that way, since I'm learning as I go :)

Russ, that's right, the trolley is on top of the mainline. The idea is that the trains go underground there, under the RR station. The transition will be a gradual rise of scenery on either side of the RR cut and then a tunnel portal - more of a girder portal actually. Hope it looks good when I finally do it, hehe.

Val

Are you going to have access problems should you have a derailment at the station?

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
More progress

Thanks folks. I've made some more progress Sunday and Monday night with the spackle roadways. I'm bringing them up to just below the top of the rails and man! it sure uses a lot of material. I'm glad I bought 2 tubs on the weekend as I'm halfway thru the second one already.

The part at the bottom of the picture is a sort of park, and the track thru there will be ballasted. The in-street track will have bricks between and around it. You can see some of the brick I ripped off an old diorama at the top of the pic.

Val

Attachments

• prog1.jpg
    prog1.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 172