Progress on the M.A.T.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
My layout is basically around the room with a peninsula coming down the centre from the one end. The city of Maberly will be on one half of the peninisula and the port city of Tayside on the other. A train proceeding from Mayberly moves east down the peninsula then proceeds around the room then back west on the peninsula to Tayside completing the point ot point trip. I have added track so a train can do continuos running around the room to make the trip appear longer. There are two main towns along the way so switching of local industries will be needed.
This update shows that I have installed the fascia. The first photo shows the view to the east on the south side of the room.
pg1.jpg

Next looking west on the south side.

pg2.jpg

Looking east on the north side.

pg3.jpg

looking west on the north side.

pg4.jpg

The double track mainline is up and running around the room. Lots still to do as you can see.

belg

Robin I think your going to need alot more cereal and cardboard boxes to fill in all that space with structures.It looks like your going along very nicely keep up the good work.

interurban

Hi Robin , you have a great looking layout on the way my friend.
And an intresting layout it`s going to be;)
Looking forward to more updates.

See you at Vals BBQ???

jkristia

Nice to see an overall picture of the room. What a great (and big) room you have. You big sweeping 36" curve with the logging camp seems so tiny in the corner there on the last picture, really gives you an idea of the size of the room. And yes, you are going to need a lot of cereal boxes to fill that layout with buildings :)

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Clerk

This looks even bigger than the track plan shows. Great going Robinl.

I showed these pictures to Sandy. She looked at me and said "NO". My living room is 26' X 15'. Wouldn't that make a nice layout room?? I guess I will just have to be satisfied with my present room which was the family room which is 11 1/2' by 11'. My layout shares the room with Sandy's china hutch and freezer.

SD90

Matthryo, great looking layout so far, I must have missed the track plan, can you post it again, or let me know where it is? Thanks, looking forward to seeing more pictures of your progress! Keep the pictures comming!

SD90

Ok, I found it, it's on your website! NICE! Is the masonite sub roadbed easier than plywood? It looks like it might be faster!

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
I find the masonite sub roadbed very easy to work with SD90. Makes curves with easements a breeze. I use plywood for yards though.