progress on my layout

viperman

Mar 13, 2006
Carol Stream, IL
Yes you remembered correct, I am doing a lumber themed layout.

I did see that diesel shed at the train store yesterday, but it looks to be a 3 bay, and I only have room for a single bay. I've seen a few single bay shops on ebay I like, but haven't bid on any so far

ocalicreek

May 4, 2005
Puyallup, WA
groups.yahoo.com
Shoot, who makes a single stall engine shed/shop?

YOU DO, out of cardstock! Just follow Robin's example! OR, check out Pikestuff. They've got some great corrugated industrial buildings, one is even an engine shed, I think. Kitbashing one of these down to a single stall shouldn't be tough. Could actually be fun!

Looking great!

Canopus

Mar 16, 2006
Cornwall UK
That is a whole lot better than what you started out with, I really like what you've done!

But please please please; if you're going to look on Walthers and you find something you like, GOOGLE IT and see if anyone else stocks it cheaper, because Walthers are SO horribly expensive.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
ocalicreek said:
YOU DO, out of cardstock! Just follow Robin's example! OR, check out Pikestuff. They've got some great corrugated industrial buildings, one is even an engine shed, I think. Kitbashing one of these down to a single stall shouldn't be tough. Could actually be fun!

Looking great!

Forgot all about Pikestuff, they do make a 2 door engine shop, but it can easly be cut down into a 1 stall shop as you can see from this picture:
541-0008.jpg

Simply cut down the center of the 2 doors on the front and back and then glue the other wall on, how easy is that? Pikestuff comes in kit form just like Walthers so you don't even have to take the thing apart to cut it down. Here is there web site, check it out, you may be able to use some of there other buildings to, they have tons, http://www.rixproducts.com/pikestuff_listing.htm :thumb: :thumb:

viperman

Mar 13, 2006
Carol Stream, IL
Here are a few pictures of all 2 of my loco's. Yes, I only have 2 (I don't count my older stuff, those are more of toys than anything at the moment).

First is of my Kato SD70MAC from COMBAT's group buy (still have to add the detail parts):
mytrains-9.jpg

Next is my Athearn GP40-2:
mytrains-10.jpg

And now for both lashed together:
mytrains-11.jpg

viperman

Mar 13, 2006
Carol Stream, IL
Thanks for the comments! Can anyone tell what roadname I like most?

Amrap, go back a page, and there are a few pics there that are only a few days old. Since then all I've done is lay out some more cork. I've since run out of liquid nails, so I can't proceed with the cork until this weekend when I get more liquid nails. I love that stuff.

Amrap1

Nov 11, 2006
Cleveland, Ohio
Steven....
Just my opinion.....forget liquid nails! hamr

Elmer's glue does the same job and is WAY cheaper. Seems like over-kill and over-pay to me.

But again.....just my opinion:thumb:

Ed

COMBAT

Oct 28, 2006
Phoenix
My vote is BN. Sure you dont like that new engine thats avalable for the group buy?
LOL :)
They are 100.00 each plus shipping of your choice.
Atlas Master™ Series Silver MSRP:$149.95
I had 1 maybe two people interested and we need a total of four.
It is an Atlas HO DASH 8-40CW - New Paint Scheme. Dcc ready.
THIS IS A SILVER SERIES ENGINE!
INFO IN DETAIL HERE:
http://www.atlasrr.com/holoco/hodash840cw2.htm
9665TQ.jpg

There were a total of four avialable when I last checked. We need to get four people to make them that price.
biggrin.gif