progress in SW PA

johnny b

Sep 13, 2005
I haven't posted anything in a while , and I've made a little progress recently. Still very much to do however.
As I described once upon a time , I'm somewhat modeling SW PA / Pittsburgh suburbs not far out of town. Nowhere specific.
There is still a lot to do on trees and wooded areas , buildings and other assorted detail work. Still no water in the creek.
While I had it pulled away from the wall I thought I might take some pics from the normally blocked sides .
Not in the class of some of the stuff I see on here but I'm proud of it just the same .
Agian , sorry for the poor photography.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 160
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 175
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 175
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 158
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 157

johnny b

Sep 13, 2005
And a few other pics ..............

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 160
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 159

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Johnny, your layout is a very good example for showing a railroad which fits into a given landscape (and townscape :D).

I admire your modeling style - you didn't succumb to the temptation to cram as much tracks as possible into a given space. I must admit that I myself had to eliminate several track sections in the course the construction of my layout - just to avoid that spaghetti-bowl look. :(

You didn't fall for this common temptation - Congratulations! Great work! :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Ron

umtrr-author

Dec 19, 2003
Visit site
Nice! Agree with Herc on the scenery to track ratio.

The layout also shows what can be done very nicely with commonly available materials-- I recognize a lot of the buildings.

johnny b

Sep 13, 2005
Thanks everyone . Like I said there is much to be done yet . Ironically there really wasn't a plan as such. more of just a general idea . The buildings were purchased basically one at a time and placed as I got them. The track plan was kept simple for kid reasons so the basic loops were used . Then I tried to disquise that fact as much as I could by breaking up the view of the track with the scenery.