Progess?????

Tyson Rayles

Just to let you know I did not quit working on the layout :D .This will be the main drag into Tellico Gap, has a long way to go yet. Still needs ground covers, signs, people etc. etc. Oh well I'll get it done one of these decades! :rolleyes:

Attachments

• t-1.jpg
    t-1.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 164
C

Catt

Hey Tyson,at least your layout is getting worked on.I can't stand up long enough to get anything done on mine :( .Oh well I can still build lokies :D Will try to get some pages up on NARA for you guys though this week.

Tyson Rayles

Take care of yourself first worry with NARA later Catt! If it makes you feel any better the reason I've been up at this hour posting these things is cause the flu is whipping the tar out of me. About the time to go to work I'll probably be able to get back to sleep :D .

Bill Pontin

Tyson, That looks great, you laid that out nicely. Amazing how much you squeezed into that small strip of layout real estate.

Bill P. :)

shamus

Registered Member
Hi Tyson,
That's a sweet looking layout friend, just love the whole lot. The main drag into Tellico Gap looks great, keep telling yourself it looks good, because it is --- damn good work.

Shamus

Tyson, You and the other dedicated "N'ers" keep doing this to me!
Every time I see pics of your's and others N pikes it makes me wish I had started my N layout BEFORE the HO one I'm working on now.

You've captured the essence of small town America there and I love it. Scene compression is the key to a model and all of you have the talent to create it. As soon as I start I get mixed up with "this or that can't be such a sudden change" and I finish up running out of space!:( .

Anyway, your rural scene is super, space enough to see the trains, compressed enough to get a lot in there. 1st rate friend :cool:

heh heh heh, since I'm a RR massochist just keep on posting those pics, I love to drool :D (Darn it, this beer is diluted with tears now).

Errol

Tyson Rayles

Bill P. I've only done diorama's before starting on this layout so I've never built a town before. After I finished the tobacco farm I was stuck for a couple of months trying to figure how to lay the town out. Finally I decided to just let the town "evolve" by doing a section at a time. In that second shot where you can see buildings on the other side of the tracks toward the upper left, those are constantly being shifted and by the time I get done who knows where they will be :D . Shamus thanks for the kind words. Coming from somebody with your considerable talents it is very encouraging! Errol thanks and you might want to give the "let it evolve" approach a shot. It may mean that not everything you wanted gets into the scene but it might be a better scene anyway.

roryglasgow

It's looking great, Tyson! If I could achieve HALF the quality you're crankin' out, then I'd be very happy!

-Rory

Drew1125

Tyson,
Everything looks FANTASTIC!!:cool:
From the Esso sign (you're a master at dredging up old memories of mine...that looks like it could be out on Dixie Highway, between Louisville, & Ft. Knox... about 1963) to that awesome looking pavement with the "double yellow"
A grade crossing always adds a really cool element to a scene...That's a place where people, cars, trucks, & trains all come together...Very nice work, my friend...it's great getting to see more, & more of your excellent modeling!
Keep those pix coming!

Tyson Rayles

Charlie thanks alot for just adding ONE more thing to my to do list. That road striping hasn't made it across the tracks yet!

Tyson Rayles

Speaking of lists when can we start looking forward to the expansion of the K&I? :D In reading your response to the Alco/L&N thread if you want to pull that off (4 and 5 engines pulling long freights) don't you think you will have a better chance of that in N-Scale or is space not a problem for you? Even if space isn't a problem think how much more mainline you could have in N.

Drew1125

Oh Yes,
If it's going to be big, mainline railroading, N scale is the ONLY way to go.
Like I said, that was something I planned, but never really got off the ground...outside of benchwork, & some track...
I am thinking of expanding the K&I by adding a mainline div...nothing quite as ambitious as the CV, but big enough to have some continuous running. This would also have to be N scale.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Tyson, great work buddy. I like the way you are creating your layout. Interesting structures and realistic placement to give a sense of reality.