Problem! I bought wrong number switch tracks

prodigy2k7

Dec 17, 2006
If you take notice at the 4 red circles, I believe they are #5's according to this layout (this was made for bachmann ez track)
If the red is #5's and I bought #6's which should be NOT AS TIGHT on the turn right?

But since I have two in the inside loop that are somewhat close together, I dont know if #6's will be okay. I might not ahve enough room I hope you know what i mean.
If I use #6's i need a little extra room dont i? blah ill see what u guys say
switches.PNG

racer25j

Jan 15, 2007
Hemet, Ca
If you can move the inside loop a little, I think you should be fine. Try it and find out. If you don't want to risk it; maybe you can return them and swap them out for the right turnouts. Most don't care as long as you use the refund in their store.

Nomad

Sep 26, 2006
Elks Plain, Washington
Prodigy, do you have all the track you need now? If you do, lay it out on your table and see how it fits. Maybe you can add a short piece of flex track where the turnouts join to keep the track distance right. By the way, can't you take the turnouts back and exchange them?

Loren

prodigy2k7

Dec 17, 2006
I saw a sign it says all sales final or something, never asked but I will :)
BTW - sorry I forgot to mention, im using flex track for everything cept turn outs

racer25j

Jan 15, 2007
Hemet, Ca
prodigy2k7 said:
I saw a sign it says all sales final or something

I'm sure they'll work with you if they want your future business. If you are using flex track then you should be able to play with the track. You could set the turn outs up and fudge the rest.