Probable Layout.

brakie

Actually getting around the layout won't be a problem..I like where the interchange track is located.The cars will be "fiddled" during multiple operation sessions.Of course the layout will be portable so it can be stored between operating sessions.

BTW..This is no longer a probable layout..I plan on starting the layout after the Bucyrus HO club's county fair open house in July.This open house last 8 days.Whew! That's about 48 hours of train running for me since I average 6 hours per day..:eek:

Russ Bellinis

Squidbait, that is one of the nicest small layouts I've ever seen! It seems to me to beg for some sort of center divider to separate the ladder in the lower left from the industry tracks in the top center, but the same thing could also be accomplished by putting a large city with tall buildings as a view block in the center of the layout. It might even enhance the perspective on the size of the layout if the view of the buildings on one side showed a different building completely from the view on the other side of the layout on the back side of the same buildings.

Squidbait

Recovering ALCO-holic
Russ,

Thanks, but I can't take much credit for it. I just shuffled the parts of the original plan. :eek:ops:

You're right though, a vertical divider would make the layout feel bigger. I've done a couple of small layouts like that - it's amazing what a difference it makes to the feeling of space, assuming you can get around the layout. ;)

brakie

I won't have a problem getting around the layout..
As for a scenic divider..Well..I gotta keep it simple so it can be stored between operation sessions which means any scenic divider will be in the form of tall removable industrial buildings.