PRmodels looking for beta builders

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
I re-read the thread. Spaceagent-9, please, somewhere in your posts, mention PRModels, so that people know you are greeblin', modifying, soupin up, Rawen's models, and they don't get confused. I'll leave the thread as it is.

@The DC, Thanks for the clarification, I have my "duh" moments. :)

spaceagent-9

Right Hand Man and Confidant
ok I changed it. thanks Zathros.
The DC- yeah Rawen was one of the first model builders I ever contacted, back in 2007?? on the star trek model site in yahoo chat.
I really wanted to light up a Romulan bird of prey so I thought I would just build one out of cardboard. it worked out well, and started with the Grissom, since it was the one that got me interested.
I was looking for something to do for the 8 months I was rained in every year,
[now im in the desert sun 8 months a year, extremely hot and yes sunburned, don't use petroleum sunblock as it bakes right into your skin.]
and chose that over the keyboard, which I found out I didn't really like anyway, after learning 'MY HEART' Titanic theme for the girl upstairs.
dumped the keyboard and wasted a hundred trees at least so far making paper models!
http://prmodels.webnode.cz/
He is a fantastically nice guy and helped me with the UFO incident betty and barney Hill saucer, which I have completed somewhere.
RC, GP, and many more I met online right off the bat. I was chided for want a uhu02 model in the first week, didn't know exactly what was going on, and told to get a protractor and drafting table.
but I came back even more determined and really found something I could pour all my nervous energy into.
contacted Ron Caudillo about his 1701.and been close friends ever since.
met Zathros and so many others. I couldn't believe the military models people do!!
Recently had a guy make fun of my skin condition when I was walking down the street, and I really wanted to bounce him like a pogo stick down the side walk, but I went instead to my hobby table and started going to work, its a very good coping mechanism also.
right now I am drawing up a Grumpy from the 1974 land of the Lost tv series. trying to get fancy. as soon as I finish the build I will post it here. using stripes by the way, with facial add ons, and considering crumpling up the cardstock first for that skin texture.
still want to make a Minbari angel fish, maybe 12'' tall?

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
I re-read the thread. Spaceagent-9, please, somewhere in your posts, mention PRModels, so that people know you are greeblin', modifying, soupin up, Rawen's models, and they don't get confused. I'll leave the thread as it is.

@The DC, Thanks for the clarification, I have my "duh" moments. :)

No worries.

I am just enjoying the skills and information shared in this thread.

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
ok I changed it. thanks Zathros.
The DC- yeah Rawen was one of the first model builders I ever contacted, back in 2007?? on the star trek model site in yahoo chat.
I really wanted to light up a Romulan bird of prey so I thought I would just build one out of cardboard. it worked out well, and started with the Grissom, since it was the one that got me interested.

I've been thinking about doing a Grissom myself. You'll have to post pics of your craft.

What I like about RAWEN's kits are how closely the honor the subjects that are chosen. This set really encapsulates the backbone of TOS ships. I found the DY-100 very clean, yet also quite representative. I'm trying to make time to try my hand at the shuttle.

As I recall, RAWEN was also the author of the Franz Joseph designs; the tug, scout/destroyer, and dreadnought.

I wonder what he'll be doing next?

spaceagent-9

well, managed to work on the Rawen 1701 50th anniversary again today.
getting it done to put with the others. I would say to glue the navigational array together to that ring
[[[ part 19 ]]]
while its on the sheet and then cut it out. the hanger bay doors also need to have backing if you aren't displaying the inside of the bay.
for the nacelle struts, cut the bottoms a little longer and then roll a tube and put it inbetween them inside for support \0/ and also for the neck, to anchor it in, if you think you need it. also, I cut the aft saucer top and bottom to the center, because you get a warble, slicing them from back to center, relieves the warble, just glue the slices together minimally and you will fix that.
im going to size this up maybe 25% more so I can fit the nacelle lighting in easier too. but all in all its a very good model!

IMG_20170320_173133.jpg IMG_20170320_173139.jpg IMG_20170320_173214.jpg

spaceagent-9

here is the latest update on Rawens 50th anniversary tos paper models, 1701. I got the nacelles leds [ 3 each nacelle, blinking amber ecandles] squeezed in, and I put steady leds in the nav lights, and a pale green dome on the under saucer, same plans for the upper saucer bridge dome, nostalgic I guess for the original plastic model I got in 1968.GEDC2427.JPG

THE DC

Highly Esteemed Member
here is the latest update on Rawens 50th anniversary tos paper models, 1701. I got the nacelles leds [ 3 each nacelle, blinking amber ecandles] squeezed in, and I put steady leds in the nav lights, and a pale green dome on the under saucer, same plans for the upper saucer bridge dome, nostalgic I guess for the original plastic model I got in 1968.View attachment 157588

Fine work!

spaceagent-9

I have to lay down some foil or use a water bottle cap to diffuse the light before I lay in the top of the saucer.
next: enlarged blue Rawen Klingon d7 50th modification, with purple, turquoise and amber lighting.