Pristontale Archer

davelant

Jan 22, 2005
North Alabama
The main issue that came up in my build was the stance. When I finished the legs and attached them to the torso, the stance was nowhere near the flat-footed pose seen in the instructions. Furthermore, the strength of the finished model made me hesitant to do major surgery to correct it. (But it did finally show me what was meant by a monocoque, skin-stressed aircraft structure.) In the end, I made a virtue of necessity, and glued the left foot down flat, and glued the right foot at the toe, as though she were taking a step forward. Another fellow at Wonderfest also had one in the show; his stance problem was less severe, and he dealt with it by putting strong magnets in the boots and placing his figure on a steel plate. We both agreed that the numerous leg pieces, and some slight inconsistency in butting adjoining pieces led to cumulative errors that were difficult to correct later. Another fellow at Yahoo Papermodels II group (goes by Louis) had his difficulty with the shoulders. So I suspect that there is some very small error I made repeatedly. Perhaps the edge of one piece should overlap the center of the score line of the next, and perhaps I aligned with the edge of the score, instead.
Anyway, it was a lot of fun to make.

davelant

Jan 22, 2005
North Alabama
The main issue that came up in my build was the stance. When I finished the legs and attached them to the torso, the stance was nowhere near the flat-footed pose seen in the instructions. Furthermore, the strength of the finished model made me hesitant to do major surgery to correct it. (But it did finally show me what was meant by a monocoque, skin-stressed aircraft structure.) In the end, I made a virtue of necessity, and glued the left foot down flat, and glued the right foot at the toe, as though she were taking a step forward. Another fellow at Wonderfest also had one in the show; his stance problem was less severe, and he dealt with it by putting strong magnets in the boots and placing his figure on a steel plate. We both agreed that the numerous leg pieces, and some slight inconsistency in butting adjoining pieces led to cumulative errors that were difficult to correct later. Another fellow at Yahoo Papermodels II group (goes by Louis) had his difficulty with the shoulders. So I suspect that there is some very small error I made repeatedly. Perhaps the edge of one piece should overlap the center of the score line of the next, and perhaps I aligned with the edge of the score, instead.
Anyway, it was a lot of fun to make.