primeing the engine

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by Skandranon, Jun 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redheat

redheat Member

Not trying to jerk you around are you talking about Sqeezing your cylinder? Before you go dumping anymore money in that motor I would concider a new one. A cvr .15 would be a really good choice for that truck. You can get it in pull start or not and slide or rotary carb. for about 110. from tower. It seems to me that the motor that you have now is a lemon and not worth fixing . Putting a piston and sleeve in a motor is normal after wearing one out but not a case and bearings .
  2. Skandranon

Skandranon Member

Well the LHS couldn't get it to run, not for lack of trying. They think it leaking air thought the screws that hold the carb on. After I left the I went and got different screws and played with it some more. I don't think that is the problem. I am ready to give up on it. I will have to get a new engine. Really sucks because that means I will have to wait until I can afford it. In any case I would like some opinions. I need something easy to tune, and around $100 or so, maybe a little more. Oh, just saw your new post, redheat. I think you are right I got a lemon. I will look at the cvr, any other recommended ones to consider?
  3. Skandranon

Skandranon Member

What is the diffrence in rotary or slide carb? Does it affect how the engine runs?
  4. redheat

redheat Member

Go to tower hobbies they have a great selection of motors . Ive heard people say that they like the t-15 I have never seen one but as I said Ive only heard good things. Rotary carb. turns in a cylinder and a slide goes in and out of the cylinder, I have found that rotary works best for dirt or trucks and slide for cars. I feel like I get a better response with a rotary carb. and are easier to tune . Check those OS motors out I have 3 cvr .12 and am really happy with them easy to tune and they run great.
  5. Skandranon

Skandranon Member

Thanks alot. I am looking at tower and at nitroreview com to compare.
  6. redheat

redheat Member

Cool, good luck.
  7. Skandranon

Skandranon Member

I had my fe apart today. Man this guy really jacked it up. If anyone is thinking about about a resize from drurey_deals dont do it! The sleeve is all scratched up on the outsize and wiggles around inside the case. There was also gunky stuff inside the engine from what looked to be an atempt at a home made gasket. Just wanted to let everyone know about this guy.
  8. redheat

redheat Member

Best thing to do when the p/s wear out is to get a new p/s easy to replace. In your case I would consider a brand new motor and start with that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.