Praying Mantis 1/1 scale

eatcrow2

Another from the ABC magazine series, designed by Michal Dudas.

Finished up this morning, and figured Sunday was a good day to post the pics..;-) A quick an enjoyable build...

233431572.jpg

233431574.jpg

233431576.jpg

233431579.jpg

233431581.jpg

Amazyah

Beautiful model!
I've always been fascinated by this insect, I can watch them for hours when I find one in the yard.
Nice job Peter!

Russell

BARX2

Amazingly lifelike! Have you ever fed one a ladybug and watched it eat the bug like a sandwich? :eek:ops:

Art Decko

Beautiful model, very well constructed and photographed! Thanks, eatcrow2!

A couple of years ago I saw one of these up close for the first time in my life. What really surprised me was when it turned it's head to look at me. Not many insects can turn their head so visibly.

Beautiful mantis, Peter! I sincerely apologize for not commenting earlier on your other masterpieces, but I've been "under the weather" for the last few months and this forum has a nasty habit of freezing up on me (possibly my dial-up connection). I look forward to personally seeing you and your work again soon. Again, bravo!

C

cgutzmer

Super job! I really must get my hands on one of these some day. The kids would love them!
Chris

eatcrow2

Thanks to everyone for the comments.. These are fun to do, and always a nice break from larger projects. Plus I feel like I at least finished something...;-)

Cheers..

R

rickstef

the mantis was part of the bi-weekly general interest magazine from the Czech Republic, named ABC

if you want to see some of the content, in czech, visit www.iabc.cz

Rick

dansls1

Very nice model!

As far as the mantis eating a lady bug - we once had one in a cage and somebody put a big (same length as the mantis) wolf spider in with it. We didn't know until we came back from lunch - the wolf spider was in multiple bits and the mantis had a leg in it's mouth. They are serious predators for their size.

Michal Dudas

Hi Peter
Your paper models of insect are really precisely done and sensitively decorated. I enjoy generally of all acceptances concerning this model.
Now I am starting with the new part of paper models – a railway area. After my almost yearlong work with animals it will be pleasure change :)

Regards to all
Michal