pray for minnesota

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
a bridge collapsed about an hour ago in minneapolis Its being covered on fox tv
Yes, I've been watching that on our local stations. So far there's been no reports on how many casualties, we'll pray that there are few.

I also noticed that there is at least one freight train underneath one side of the bridge.

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
One death reported so far and about 30 injured.When I read that a school bus was involved I was really concerned,glad to hear they're all O.K..Of course you don't want to see anybody go this way,but children really pull at the heart strings.

Chris

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Thanks for the PM Roger. I've been on and off line watching the news and receiving calls from friends and family all over the country asking about the tragedy.

So far there are six confirmed dead and some 50 cars in the water. This is the main artery through Minneapolis (I-35W) that passes right by the downtown buildings and the Metrodome where the Twins played tonight (and decided to keep the game going to avoid releasing 25, 000 fans onto the clogged detour roadways while rescue operations proceeded).

I've driven over this bridge thousands of times, but only most recently two weeks ago.

The film footage looks like earthquake damage. There are rail lines underneath the bridge leading to grain elevators and a steel industry.

The story we're hearing about the most is about a bus load of kids that just made it across before the collapse. they were assited off the bus by passer by and other people stepped up to the plate down by the river to help people out of sinking vehicles. Horrible events like this bring out the best in people thank God!

Thanks for your concern and prayers for the victims and the rescuers.
Ralph

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
Survivors, witnesses tell of escapes from Minneapolis bridge collapse - CNN.com
It's amazing the amount of conflicting information the different media sources are throwing around -

The highway was 8 lanes of bumper to bumper traffic...
The highway was narrowed to two lanes of traffic each way for construction....
There were over 150 cars on the bridge at the time...
Traffic was sparse and there were only 20-30 cars present...
The construction crews were doing major structural repairs underneath...
The construction crews were resurfacing only...
It was rush hour...
It was after rush hour.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
May those who survived, may those who have lost loved ones, may those who now grieve, find comfort in faith, now so overwhelmingly tested, and may that faith prove strong enough to endure. Take those, Father, whose lives have ended, into your kingdom, in forgiveness of their sins, that they all may know your love, for ever and ever.