ppmodeler, free 3D software.

Discussion in 'Software' started by wunwinglow, Mar 19, 2005.

1. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

2. Gil

Gil Active Member

Tim,

Have you tried using it yet?

Gil
  3. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Hi Gil, no, but I know how people like to hear about possibly useful software, especially if it is free! Like all programs, you have to spend some time with it to get useful work done. I haven't got any spare time just now ( Open Uni course, Bike teaching, etc etc) but when I get 5 minutes I will.

Blender is another similar program. http://www.blender3d.org/cms/Home.2.0.html

Tim P
  4. Jimi

Jimi Member

i'd try to give it a whirl once i finish the 3d build of my fokker 50. hehehe. but now, i have to re learn corel! :( last time i used it was in high school. about 9 years ago. probably, the 3d modeling and colouring of the fokker will be like this. rhino->Autocad->corel.. :D
  5. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Rhino > AutoCAD > Corel? Why do you need AutoCAD? I go straight from Rhino to Coreldraw. Works for me!

Tim P
  6. Gil

Gil Active Member

Tim,

I've been hearing about Blender 3D for years and just didn't ever get around to investigating it. It seems to be a very capable if not powerful animation program and the catch is it's free!

Best, Gil
  7. Jimi

Jimi Member

im more used to do 2d editing on autocad (probably the result of doing 4 plates a day in autocad class in school). hehehe.